Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Marcus "opposite of" Smart

mhughes0021

just shoved a fan in the crowd lol. would be interested to hear if Richard Sherman thought the term "thug" would be permissible to use in this case.

This guy is nuts, pissing his career and future away, he's definitely getting suspended a couple games. I don't care what in the world was said by those fans, there is absolutely no excuse to ever do that.

OK State is dropping like a lead balloon

It in no way justifies the fact that Smart pushed him, but I'm curious what the fan said. Apparently the fan he pushed is Texas Tech's "#1 fan", otherwise known as Jeff Orr. Apparently he has a background of agitating opposing team's players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Eoa1Ko_lxE

kind of an interesting take,

John Lucas III ✔ @Luke1luk
Follow
I just saw the video that same fan was at the games talking crazy even when I was in school I don't forget a face he says a lot of crazy ish

supposedly he is saying that he called smart a piece of crap, the twitter rumor is that he told smart to go back to africa.

kind of an interesting take,

John Lucas III ✔ @Luke1luk
Follow
I just saw the video that same fan was at the games talking crazy even when I was in school I don't forget a face he says a lot of crazy ish

supposedly he is saying that he called smart a piece of crap, the twitter rumor is that he told smart to go back to africa.

The fan is apparently known by (and hated by) sportscasters who've called games there.

this blog post has another take on it:
"Turns out this “fan” is a notorious jerk, so much so that Dick Vitale knows who he is and viscerally dislikes him. And he’s a racist. In fact, Smart claims this dude called him the n-word, which the guy is only sort of denying. But there’s larger issues at play here."
the blog post cites another guy as saying this:
In a just world, Marcus Smart would not be suspended at all. Instead the NCAA would enact a FIFA style response. That means they would either bar Jeff Orr for life from ever going to another Texas Tech game, or, if it is found out that “the n-word” gets dropped from the stands in Lubbock like it’s open-season on black players, then make Texas Tech play in front of an empty arena for the rest of the season.
I disagree Smart should not be suspended; he definitely should be, but -assuming this fan is a repeat offender - for Texas Tech or the NCAA to fail to ban him from future events or take other actions that might be necessary is an even bigger disgrace than anything Smart did. these institutions should be held to a higher standard than some 18/19 year old kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's claiming he didn't make any racial slurs.

maybe he shouldn't be banned from future home games; I don't see Texas Tech doing that to their "#1 fan" but he looks pretty ridiculous from the whole ordeal... stupid old man yelling crap at a college kid playing basketball.

Also, it was a shove, its not liked he knocked his teeth out. This was not a jermaine oneil incident

From the perspective of becoming a top draft pick it wasnt in his best interest to lash out. I dont blame him, nothing worse than being an athlete and having some mouthy gastropod that never competed in your ear. I personally would have loved to see Smart level that fat bastard. I can clearly see he called him a "piece of crap". Making FALSE racist claims to justify an action, typical of the times. " I can silence someone if I call them racist". I think Smart being suspended for 1-2 games is fine. The "fan" needs to be monitored and booted if he is a problem. Hes a grown man mouthing off to kids, wish Smart would have cleaned his clock.

Last edited:
Regardless, Smart is a great player and his attention needs to be on the court.

Last edited:
Back