Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shirley Temple dead at 85

saw a link to this earlier. I was surprised she was still alive.

Not sure why, but i thought she died very young. Hmmm...

You guy's thinking of Judy Garland?

Her collectibles will shoot up in value now. She was very active in Politics.

she was a little cutie when she was a little girl but became gorgeous as a woman. and yea she was into politics a lot. i'm surprised she was so young though when she died

Twice was a US Ambassador, to Ghana then to Czechoslovakia.

Thought she was older. Probably because she started so young. I was never a big fan as far as her movies, I thought as a little girl she was more annoying than anything.

a lot of today's child stars need to take a look at how she lead her life and learn from her what you should do

a lot of today's child stars need to take a look at how she lead her life and learn from her what you should do

Basically, she knew when to quit, and how to function as a non-celebrity, and so she made it to old age.

Lessons learned: quit Hollywood when your childhood ends and you're not talented enough for adult roles, avoid developing a dependence on drugs or alcohol, marry a rich spouse (divorce current spouse if needed), get into Republican politics, enjoy cushy Ambassadorships, die of natural causes.

Basically, she knew when to quit, and how to function as a non-celebrity, and so she made it to old age.

Lessons learned: quit Hollywood when your childhood ends and you're not talented enough for adult roles, avoid developing a dependence on drugs or alcohol, marry a rich spouse (divorce current spouse if needed), get into Republican politics, enjoy cushy Ambassadorships, die of natural causes.

she didn't choose top get out. Take a look at her bio

She was suppose to play Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz but Fox wouldn't loan her to MGM

Shirley Temple singing "Over The Rainbow" and playing Dorothy in The Wizard Of OZ??

Uhh...nope!!

Fortunately that didn't happen, but if it had I doubt very much if the movie would have been as popular or had such enduring longevity through several generations so far.

Last edited:
On the plus side, it might have spared us Liza Minnelli ever being in the public eye, had Judy Garland not gotten so famous with Oz.

Back