Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Isiah Thomas as GM?

af1991

"League sources say that Pistons owner Tom Gores is seriously thinking of making what has been a long-overdue, front-office shakeup after the season, with Thomas recently emerging as a top candidate to take over," wrote Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News.

Please no.

Sounds like Gores hasn't learned his lesson from this season that flashy names doesn't equal success.

OMG if he does he is freaking idiotic moron ... Does he not read the papers :/

Last edited:
Yeah seriously this would be no better than Dumars. Isiah Thomas was a complete failure as the Knicks GM. If this happens I hope all the fans boycott the franchise, this would be another terrible, clueless hire that keeps us in the same position as were in with Dumars and it wouldn't be long before the fans become disgruntled with another Pistons legend, I really don't want to see that.

Yeah, bad idea I think. Maybe he get's another chance somewhere else (which I doubt) and proves himself capable, but as of right now this would not go over with the fanbase very well. Isaiah was a truly great player and was the 2nd best PG of his era (behind Magic)... as a GM and coach so far, absolute disaster.

EDIT------------------------------

Some truly great players simply don't do well as GM's for some reason (see Michael Jordan).

Last edited:
everything thomas has touched turned to shit. the CBA, Knicks, college teams, etc.

how about someone with a good track record?

Phew!

Pistons, Isiah Thomas report not true?

There was a report out of New York on Sunday claiming Detroit Pistons owner Tom Gores is considering bringing in Isiah Thomas to run basketball operations should he fire Joe Dumars. On Monday comes reports out of Detroit dismissing the item from New York.

From The Detroit News: "The only conversations Gores and Thomas have had revolved around the Bad Boys reunion, when Gores stepped in financially, listing himself and the Detroit Pistons organization as presenting sponsors for the events. The two sides have had no conversations about a role for Thomas."

Thomas is obviously a legend in Detroit, however he has been a disaster as a general manager, see the New York Knicks, so Gores will likely look at other options if he does part ways with Dumars. Thomas may not want the job anyway due to his close relationship with Dumars.

Back