Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anchorman 2

Thumb

I loved the original Anchorman. But this movie is probably the worst sequel ever made. The script was weak, the jokes were unfunny, and they tried to make up for it with a ton of cameo's.

I remember reading about all the trouble Apatow and Ferrell had trying to get the studio that owned the rights to let them make a sequel, and after seeing it, I with they would have given up. Seems Will Farrell is best at making one-of movies, but I hear he's working on Step Brothers 2, which will probably be garbage as well.

it's in the netflix queue, i've heard from multiple people that it's awful but I'll decide for myself.

I think the Campaign is an underrated Will Farrell move, so is the other guys

Other Guys was pretty good. Never saw the Campaign. Most of his movies are pretty good, but the first Anchorman was great, and I guess I was just expecting better.

Other Guys was pretty good. Never saw the Campaign. Most of his movies are pretty good, but the first Anchorman was great, and I guess I was just expecting better.

Ill let you know how much I hate it after I watch it

I just watched the Campaign. I thought Zack G was the bright spot of that movie. Been looking forward to Anchorman 2, I hope it's not as bad as I'm hearing.

I tend to not like Will Ferrell movies. Tropical thunder or whatever, that movie about the semi pro basketball team based in Flint wasn't too bad, but that's probably because what he Harrelson actually played the main character.

Will Ferrell wasn't in Tropic Thunder (thankfully, I'm not a Will Ferrell "fan" either).

Anchorman, Step-Brothers, Wedding Crashers, Old School, Elf, The Other Guys. All pretty good movies.

Talladega Nights was okay. Bewitched was terrible, as was Land of the Lost.

I generally like his movies if he sticks to his genre, when he tries to mainstream, it's not good.

Anchorman, Step-Brothers, Wedding Crashers, Old School, Elf, The Other Guys. All pretty good movies.

Talladega Nights was okay. Bewitched was terrible, as was Land of the Lost.

I generally like his movies if he sticks to his genre, when he tries to mainstream, it's not good.

have you watched everything must go? not really a comedy, I'd check it out

Holy shit. You were right. Anchorman 2 was fucking horrible. A few funny lines, but that's it. I want my 90 minutes back.

Yep, I'd say the decline from Anchorman to Anchorman 2 is similar to the decline from Caddyshack to Caddyshack II.

All that talent, and such a horrible, horrible, unfunny movie.

They recycled the 1st movie. The way he whines about veronica 1upping him, baxter saving him, the newsroom streetfight, jazz flute, etc. The jokes were awkward and so much of it reminded me of alternate scenes that usually suck.

Casa de mi Padre isn't bad if you can read the subtitles.

I have declined on Anchorman 2 because of what people have said. I am a die hard Anchorman supporter and don't want that to be ruined.

Back