Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Josh Jackson

On one hand I like the idea of not going to a basketball-centric academy.

The piece seems to suggest a contradiction with the mom when the mom won't guarantee he'll be back at Consortium next year. I disagree. If he's having academic trouble, he needs to take steps to shore that up. Maybe Consortium is not the best place for him academically. Maybe it is. There are other options to shore up academics.

What I don't like is the kid not being allowed to speak. He should be able to be a kid and enjoy this time in his life. Soak in the bit of celebrity that comes with being a pseudo big deal 15 year old.

On one hand I like the idea of not going to a basketball-centric academy.

The piece seems to suggest a contradiction with the mom when the mom won't guarantee he'll be back at Consortium next year. I disagree. If he's having academic trouble, he needs to take steps to shore that up. Maybe Consortium is not the best place for him academically. Maybe it is. There are other options to shore up academics.

What I don't like is the kid not being allowed to speak. He should be able to be a kid and enjoy this time in his life. Soak in the bit of celebrity that comes with being a pseudo big deal 15 year old.

lots of elite HS athletes change high schools, doesn't surprise me at all.

also, as far as not being able to speak, my kids are little but I don't know if I'd want a 15 year old saying things to the media. I don't think there is anything wrong with protecting such a young kid from the spotlight

lots of elite HS athletes change high schools, doesn't surprise me at all.

also, as far as not being able to speak, my kids are little but I don't know if I'd want a 15 year old saying things to the media. I don't think there is anything wrong with protecting such a young kid from the spotlight

Depending on the kid, and the discretion of the parents, I can see situations where the kid doesn't speak to the media.

In the end, physical injury aside, no person has very much right to pass judgement on how others choose to raise their kids.

I don't think the parent is being overly controlling in this situation (as Biggunsbob's post appears to suggest). Unlike the Malik McDowell situation.

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel.. Always a good thing to keep the mic away from a 15 year old.
Not sure the correct answer... He should be allowed to have fun also..

I saw this kid at the Muskegon Classic in January. This kid could play pg. He's pretty thin, but doesn't get pushed around.

Also, he's actually 17 not 15. Must have been held back a year somewhere along the line.

Back