Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Last Ship

Predicable but it was ok... I liked the pilot...Too Many commercials but what else is new there..

yeah, i'll agree. it was pretty good. I wouldn't be upset if it gets cancelled, but I'll probably watch it. And about the commercials, I DVR pretty much everything and watch the shows either after they've ended or 30 minutes into the show so I can skip all or most of the commercials. TNT and TBS are the worst.

Yet another viral apocalypse threating the survival of humankind ala the movies The Andromeda Strain, 28 Days/Weeks Later, World War Z, Outbreak....except this being a TV series and no zombies..yet?

I was just thinking this weekend that I wish that a major Hollywood movie studio would produce a movie based on one of my favorite short stories by Ray Bradbury, titled Frost and Fire

I know that some of Bradbury's stories and books have long ago been ,made into movies or TV series such as Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles. and A Sound of Thunder (kinda disappointing, compared to the story) but with today's CGI, I could hope for a better directed and produced movie version with a few more notable actors and actresses...maybe.

The Strain is about Vampires.... But was written by
Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.. First book was decent... I have the second book but just have not gotten around to it.
kind of really gory

Del Toro first envisioned the story line as a television series, but was unable to find a buyer for the series.[1] An agent then suggested turning the story into a series of books with writer Chuck Hogan.[1] A television adaptation is in development and will be broadcast on FX.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Strain

Last edited:
Back