Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

should there be a separate board for religion?

Michchamp

We can have all our long threads that consist of this going on, ad nauseum:

"Religion sucks. it's stupid."

"No it isn't. why do you say that?"

And so on.

The religion board should be moderated by a guy who looks like Socrates, or maybe some weirdo in a cloak, or the vestal virgins.

I'm ok with religion going in Diggler's junk, but it seems to end up here more often than there. Doesn't bother me either way.

This argument is good too:

"There is no god."

"Yes there is. [insert poorly understood concept] can't explain that, so it must be god. God's existence the only logical explanation for what we don't understand."

and around and around...

We could always just add "& Religion" to the politics board title.

FWIW I mostly see religion pop up here when a religious/political issue comes up and the thread explodes in length.

See, even with making a suggestion you go after Relious people. And why does Religion get talked about here, because you bring it up. If it's bothering you stop talking about it. We don't need a separate area.

I think it should stay here. This is the only board in which there are really no rules as far as speaking your mind, if it was moved, people could easily cross the line without realizing it.

Besides politics and religion go hand in hand, even if they should not.

I think it should stay here. This is the only board in which there are really no rules as far as speaking your mind, if it was moved, people could easily cross the line without realizing it.

Besides politics and religion go hand in hand, even if they should not.

As the saying goes "never talk politics and religion among friends". I would suspect if there were more Christians that speak in this thread it would die out. But since you're in the Majority, let's laugh at all of our Christian bretheren.

As the saying goes "never talk politics and religion among friends". I would suspect if there were more Christians that speak in this thread it would die out. But since you're in the Majority, let's laugh at all of our Christian bretheren.
really? there seems to be quite a few christians around here.

really? there seems to be quite a few christians around here.

Just like Democrates, they outnumber the rest. As far as the topic on hand, the non Christians on here say much more negative things about Christians than the other way around. I'm not sure why that is..because it's funny to you I guess.

This is my reasoning, two topics that tend to get heated are politics and religion. Hence why I think religion should stay here.

As far as the rest, that's just bullshit. I don't laugh at christians or any other religion, I state my opinions which just happen to contradict yous on that subject. I don't call people out for being christians unless they also happen to be idiots, like Fred Phelps, or the nimrods who ridiculed the boy for being a Buddhist.

the fact I disagree with your beliefs does not mean I don't respect your right to have them.

I'm developing more of an opinion on this. If it were up to me, religion and politics would not get their own boards and those topics would belong in Diggler's Junk. Less boards to check that way. I don't like them going 2 deep. Lump all the media together too.

I'm developing more of an opinion on this. If it were up to me, religion and politics would not get their own boards and those topics would belong in Diggler's Junk. Less boards to check that way. I don't like them going 2 deep. Lump all the media together too.

My opinion is get rid of them completely. It's a sports board, should stay that way.

I'm minority I suppose.

My opinion is get rid of them completely. It's a sports board, should stay that way.

I'm minority I suppose.

Well, if that were to happen, the Michigan Board would blow up again with off topic religion and politics threads, just the way it did in the olden days.

I like the new structure.

Well, if that were to happen, the Michigan Board would blow up again with off topic religion and politics threads, just the way it did in the olden days.

I like the new structure.

Looking at the posting numbers, I think it could be narrowed down to 9 boards.

Lions
Tigers
Pistons
Red Wings
Michigan
Michigan Recruiting
MSU
Other Sports
Other Crap

Most of those would be active, but not too active. The Piston, Red Wings, MSU and Other Sports boards would be a little slow, but I don't think I'd combine any of them. Just hope they keep picking up steam over time.

Back