Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

that new noah's ark movie

Michchamp

sounds terrible.

I think we were just talking about Aronofsky's movies as well, but that might've been a different message board. Someone here thought Pi was great.

more far fetched than any science fiction i've ever seen

2 of every animal on a boat built by hand thousands of years ago, where the hell did they keep all the food? did they grow trees for the giraffes to eat?

also, as far as the villain, why did god want to kill everyone else?

more far fetched than any science fiction i've ever seen

2 of every animal on a boat built by hand thousands of years ago, where the hell did they keep all the food? did they grow trees for the giraffes to eat?

also, as far as the villain, why did god want to kill everyone else?

he was on Colbert defending it last night. in his view, it's okay because everyone knows the biblical story, so it's just telling a story, and doesn't have any angle to play.

But apparently the movie takes all sorts of liberties with the story, which was only a couple pages long, and didn't develop the characters much at all. Now they have a villain, based on the biblical Cain, and an army of stone men who fight for Noah. As if the original story wasn't stupid enough, they made it worse.

Sounds like the plot will succeed in turning away both religious and non-religious audiences... and I don't know if "Die Hard Darren Aronofsky or Russel Crowe fans" are numerous enough to keep this from bombing at the box office.

I wondered why Russell Crowe wasn't doing the rounds to promote it. That's usually a bad sign.

I find mythology to be fascinating. that includes the bible, too. Looking at this movie as nothing but mythology, I think it will be very entertaining. Cue Russel Crowe, "Are you not entertained!? Is this not what you came to see!?"

The downside is that this movie will be treated like the passion of the christ - taken as complete fact. A family member of mine actually cried through most of the movie, saying shit like, "He did this for us, Jessie! For us! Praizzzze Jesus!"

I'm waiting for the Sodom and Gomorrah movie. That should be interesting.

... A family member of mine actually cried through most of the movie, saying shit like, "He did this for us, Jessie! For us! Praizzzze Jesus!"

I'm waiting for the Sodom and Gomorrah movie. That should be interesting.

LOL, really??? If I had a family member who did that, I would be laughing so hard at them, I would have to leave.

there actually was a Sodom and Gomorrah movie; it was an older one, I think from the 50's or early 60's. I saw it as a kid... I only really remember the scene of Lot's wife turning back and being turned into a pillar of salt.

nice guy, that god of theirs...

Sorry, there I go again. I just can't help myself sometimes, Mitch.

I can't fathom how someone would go to that movie not expecting to see some unreal shit. I think I'll like it from an entertainment perspective, which is how all movie goers should do it. Leave your bible at home kids.

sounds terrible.

I think we were just talking about Aronofsky's movies as well, but that might've been a different message board. Someone here thought Pi was great.

It was... I really liked it a lot... I think DA s a great director..

I will probably just wait an rent it.... I don't understand how anyone would think that a movie like this there would not be liberties taken... If it bugs you don't go.. Movies are just made to entertain, and make money. I never understand why people get that upset.

Sounds like a lot of idiots went to see this movie over the weekend

I can't fathom how someone would go to that movie not expecting to see some unreal shit. I think I'll like it from an entertainment perspective, which is how all movie goers should do it. Leave your bible at home kids.

Years ago my grandparents (rest their souls) went to see the Jim Carrey flick The Truman Show because they thought it would be about Harry S Truman, but I digress.

Now I won't go see Noah mainly because we never go see movies but also because it looks terrible, but the FB and Twitter replies on it have me wondering. Some rather devout Catholics have blasted it bit other, more evangelical friends, call it awesome.

I don't really care one way or the other but if religious folks have trouble with creative liberties being taken, they need to look at the source for the story.

Back