Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

that new Noah's Ark documentary.

Gulo Blue

I can't wait to see it. I've always wondered how it all worked. How he got the animals on board and kept them alive. It will be good to finally get some answers.

Noah on his deathbed reminiscing:

"ahhh, I remember 300 years ago back when I was the ripe young age of 650 and I built that huge boat. So huge that it fit 2 of every species on earth in it. Fuck n A that was a huge boat."

I always wondered about that, back in catholic school. the Bible ended the accounts of legendary figures with a mention of their extraordinary longevity. I didn't know if it was supposed to be taken literally or not, or they were using "dog years" or some other form of measure.

I always wondered about that, back in catholic school. the Bible ended the accounts of legendary figures with a mention of their extraordinary longevity. I didn't know if it was supposed to be taken literally or not, or they were using "dog years" or some other form of measure.

I almost went with that...something about dog-years and on the 7th day God rested which, because of the different accounting in time, was call the "dog day" due to a accidental switch of printing press characters...and what was a popular joke got forgotten over time and all we're left with is the phrase "dog days of summer" which originally meant time felt stretched out by a factor of 7.

But I don't have the creative chops to come up with a payoff worth all that build up. Maybe Tinsel could do it, but that's about as far as I could take it.

I almost went with that...something about dog-years and on the 7th day God rested which, because of the different accounting in time, was call the "dog day" due to a accidental switch of printing press characters...and what was a popular joke got forgotten over time and all we're left with is the phrase "dog days of summer" which originally meant time felt stretched out by a factor of 7.

But I don't have the creative chops to come up with a payoff worth all that build up. Maybe Tinsel could do it, but that's about as far as I could take it.

yeah. sometimes its not worth it... you'll look back over your posts down the road a bit, and think "I suck."

like I used the phrase "extraordinary longevity" to say "lives a long time" in my other post. who the hell talks like that? It's a wonder I haven't been banned from posting here.

No, but I can tell you what I was told was the reason those old timers lived so long when I was in Catholic School.

We were told that in the early days of Earth after Eden, people were much closer to the perfect image of God that God had created them to be, and were therefore much stronger and healthier.

As time passed and generations came and went, the near perfection deteriorated.

Kinda like counter-evolutionary.

Sorry it wasn't really that funny, but the Finale of How I Met Your Mother was kinda disappointing in the humor department too.

EDIT: I meant Catechism, not Catholic School.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the Noah movie. I heard it was better than the book.

So, in the Middle Ages people only lived until their 30s, and now the global average is around 67.2, so are we reversing the trend? Are we also more perfect? How did Noah do it? What was he eating? Did he exercise regularly? So many questions, I do hope I'll get some answers in the movie!

247886ee2e99847dc66cf79d3cccf636.jpg

tinselwolverine;43 We were told that in the early days of Earth after Eden said:
this is supported by most denominations.

the thing I find interesting is the vast differences in the general story. very dark movie. Thank God for the New Testament.

Back