Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tiger Woods out of Masters

tomdalton22

Great news...now the commentators will only talk about him about 20% of the time vs 75% of the time!

like it or not he's great for the game, you will have a lot fewer eyes on the masters this year. my company did some sponsorship with the pga tour a few years ago when he ended up missing the year with the knee injury. we paid a ton for our name/logo to be on tv and we didn't even get half of the mileage we thought we would since he was out.

like it or not he's great for the game, you will have a lot fewer eyes on the masters this year. my company did some sponsorship with the pga tour a few years ago when he ended up missing the year with the knee injury. we paid a ton for our name/logo to be on tv and we didn't even get half of the mileage we thought we would since he was out.

he's good for TV ratings but for my enjoyment of watching golf....I enjoy it more when he isn't playing.

he's good for TV ratings but for my enjoyment of watching golf....I enjoy it more when he isn't playing.

I have to disagree, the tournament is better with the best player in the game and one of the best in history. Some people don't like him but I don't think there is any doubt that tournaments are better with him. I was at the masters a few years ago when he made a charge, the cheers from his gallery are different than anything you hear on the course, it's just a different feel when he's in contention.

I have to disagree, the tournament is better with the best player in the game and one of the best in history. Some people don't like him but I don't think there is any doubt that tournaments are better with him. I was at the masters a few years ago when he made a charge, the cheers from his gallery are different than anything you hear on the course, it's just a different feel when he's in contention.

I like watching a golf tournament when they give similar coverage to all that are in contention while extra coverage of great shots, etc. When Tiger is in a tournament they give him too much air time regardless of who is in the lead. The commentators talk more about him when he is out of contention than those that are on the leaderboard.

to me he is the NY Yankees of golf.

I like watching a golf tournament when they give similar coverage to all that are in contention while extra coverage of great shots, etc. When Tiger is in a tournament they give him too much air time regardless of who is in the lead. The commentators talk more about him when he is out of contention than those that are on the leaderboard.

to me he is the NY Yankees of golf.

I'm with you on that

That's one of the reasons I don't like watching Tiger. The other reason, a bit of a hater, my favorite golfer was and is Jack. I don't want anyone getting his record.

That's one of the reasons I don't like watching Tiger. The other reason, a bit of a hater, my favorite golfer was and is Jack. I don't want anyone getting his record.

5 years ago I would have bet it was a lock that Tiger would have broke his record. Now, I think it is probably a lock against it. His body is breaking down and the competition is no longer intimidated by him. He was linked to PED's a while back but nothing was made of it because it is Tiger and it's only golf. He was a cheater off the course and he has been caught cheating on the course so it wouldn't surprise me if he cheated by using PEDs as well.

5 years ago I would have bet it was a lock that Tiger would have broke his record. Now, I think it is probably a lock against it. His body is breaking down and the competition is no longer intimidated by him. He was linked to PED's a while back but nothing was made of it because it is Tiger and it's only golf. He was a cheater off the course and he has been caught cheating on the course so it wouldn't surprise me if he cheated by using PEDs as well.

Cheating? I don't think so, he had some rules violations, so do a lot of other players. there are a lot of penalties for balls moving or signing and incorrect scorecard. It just happens that we now have an era where people call in from home about possible violations after checking their DVR and every one of his shots is on TV

also, lots of tour players cheat on their wives, more than most sports

Cheating? I don't think so, he had some rules violations, so do a lot of other players. there are a lot of penalties for balls moving or signing and incorrect scorecard. It just happens that we now have an era where people call in from home about possible violations after checking their DVR and every one of his shots is on TV

also, lots of tour players cheat on their wives, more than most sports

You might be right but I'm curious how you know that..

You might be right but I'm curious how you know that..

I know some people who played on tour, pga and lpga. i hear from a family member who was a top amateur player and he had a lot of pro friends, they said the toughest thing about the tour was making it from the 18th green to the hotel without cheating on your wife and that was in the 60's.

also, the John Feinsten book about Tiger and Rocco at Torrey Pines went into some details, about how the first marriage was considered the mulligan. the average baseball/basketball/football player is almost finished playing by the time they're 30, maybe not married yet. PGA tour players stick around until they're much older, more likely to be married in the first place. also, NFL players are gone for about 10 nights during the season, baseball more obviously but the tour players are never home except for one or two events near their hometown. Rocco mediate left his wife for his massage therapist who traveled with the tour

Back