Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cindy Crosby at his best

I know that "hating" Crosby is a cottage industry in Detroit, but he'd be the first opposing player I'd want on the Red Wings' roster and he would be a cherished hero if he won a Stanley Cup as a Red Wing.

I'd much prefer Jonathan Toews or Ryan Suter. I couldn't disagree more about Crosby being a cherished hero if he came here. He is the fucking worst.

And it's not a Detroit thing. Everyone hates him. He plays like a bitch.

Last edited:
I'd much prefer Jonathan Toews or Ryan Suter. I couldn't disagree more about Crosby being a cherished hero if he came here. He is the fucking worst.

And it's not a Detroit thing. Everyone hates him. He plays like a bitch.

Some here remember when Chelios was a Blackhawk. I said of Crosby: "he would be a cherished hero if he won a Stanley Cup as a Red Wing." Critical omission. I like his game.

I also remember that there was a lot of support for trading Yzerman to the Senators in 1996 for Yashin and picks. EDIT: The "plan" was to make Keith Primeau the captain. Keith. Primeau. That guy. Detroit fans can be a fickle lot.

Last edited:
I just don't think his act benefits the league and more importantly he isn't a respectable player. The skills are there but he separates himself from the all time greats because of the rest of the nonsense. Guys like Howe, Gretzky, Yzerman, Lemieux these guys were great but didn't use their star mentality to act like they were bigger than the game. Ovechkin is a dude that I have always respected his game because like Fedorov the skills were elite but then when a coach asked him to change his game he did it to make the team better. Bowman put Sergei on defense and he became an elite offensive defensemen. Crosby is selfish and an instigator. To much like Lindros for my taste.

How could you like his game? He does everything a real hockey player would never do. If he wanted to flop so much he should have played soccer or basketball. He also throws punches at someone that is tangled up with another guy(probably someone coming to his defense on a fight he started). I hope the Wings never get him. I will take Ovechkin any day over him, someone awesome on offense and isn't afraid to hit someone clean.

Fuck flop-a-Crosby and the bitchy Penguins.. Cup was rip from us by the refs in 2008-09 so they can kiss my ass... I hope every Penguin's twists his ankles like I do when I try and ice skate...lol

How could you like his game? He does everything a real hockey player would never do. If he wanted to flop so much he should have played soccer or basketball. He also throws punches at someone that is tangled up with another guy(probably someone coming to his defense on a fight he started). I hope the Wings never get him. I will take Ovechkin any day over him, someone awesome on offense and isn't afraid to hit someone clean.

Sounds to me the same criticism that was heaped on Chelios before he was traded to Detroit.

I never remember Chelios flopping like a little bitch. Find a 6+ minute of him tossing himself on the ice or sucker punching people when you know you won't get hit back cause the rest of the team will jump him. Chelios was hated because he got under people's skin not because he was a little bitch.

I never remember Chelios flopping like a little bitch. Find a 6+ minute of him tossing himself on the ice or sucker punching people when you know you won't get hit back cause the rest of the team will jump him. Chelios was hated because he got under people's skin not because he was a little bitch.

So now we are mitigating why a player was hated. Chelios was a noted cheap-shot guy, which is a different sort of what a "real hockey player would never do." Brian Propp will tell you that. And Crosby, with his two concussions, has been hit plenty. The guy's a great player and I'd be happy to see him as a Red Wing.

I can say firmly that if CrosBitch was a Detroit Red Wing, I would not be a Red Wing fan until he was off the team. His despicable attitude combined with his whining, diving, all around scumbag play (hitting players from behind in the balls repeatedly), refused to shake hands with an all time great player/person in Nick Lidstrom, etc, he is the ultimate anti-Red Wing and is a piece of shit.

On the ice he'd take cheap shots, sucker punch players in the corners, trash talk every time he passed the bench, and then complain to the referees if opposing players did the same thing to one of his guys.

This a description of Chelios before he joined the Wings. I challenge anyone who was a fan of the Wings and the NHL in the 80s and 90s to dispute this or say they did not agree.

"I don't have to play like an idiot anymore." Chelios on why he liked being a Red Wing.

Crosby is (more like was) a lot of what people say about him, but a lot of it is residual too. But I've never held the blind contempt for Crosby that many here seem to share.

I agree with what Kerry Fraser says here about Crosby. For those who claim "we are not like that here in Detroit!" I say, perhaps not presently in hockey, but definitely in football -- and I did not even mention Bill Laimbeer.

On the ice he'd take cheap shots, sucker punch players in the corners, trash talk every time he passed the bench, and then complain to the referees if opposing players did the same thing to one of his guys.

This a description of Chelios before he joined the Wings. I challenge anyone who was a fan of the Wings and the NHL in the 80s and 90s to dispute this or say they did not agree.

"I don't have to play like an idiot anymore." Chelios on why he liked being a Red Wing.

Crosby is (more like was) a lot of what people say about him, but a lot of it is residual too. But I've never held the blind contempt for Crosby that many here seem to share.

I agree with what Kerry Fraser says here about Crosby. For those who claim "we are not like that here in Detroit!" I say, perhaps not presently in hockey, but definitely in football -- and I did not even mention Bill Laimbeer.

Bill always tries to back his play up.... Cindy never gets in a fight and hides behind his goons... Not saying would not root for a cup if he was a Wing cause that is stupid..
But he does whine a ton.. Fucking Pittsburgh was hitting from behind all night last night as we were outskating them... then in between periods the NBC guy back at headquarters had the gall to say how Pittsburgh was out hitting Detroit when the hits were 19/17.... So tired of the bia's treatment the Penguins get... I think we had 2 early PP's ten not much after that and after our second goal when we were up 2-1 the penguins were holding non stop but then was called on them... It just gets old...

NBC sports hockey coverage is the worst and I laugh at it most of the time, especially when they discount Detroit.

Back