Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pacquaio vs Bradley II

sggatecl

Detroit City FC
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy here that watches MMA/Boxing regularly but I figured I'd throw this out in case I was wrong.

Bradley looked strong early, Pac coming on strong late.

116-112, 116-112, 118-110

Unanimous decision for Manny Pacquiao.

I thought it was maybe a little closer but I have no doubt Manny won.

I used to be a big fan of boxing back in the old days of big fights on local tv for free. Those were the days. As far as ppv you never know if the main fight will go the distance or last two rounds. So I haven't payed much attention these days.

I used to be a big fan of boxing back in the old days of big fights on local tv for free. Those were the days. As far as ppv you never know if the main fight will go the distance or last two rounds. So I haven't payed much attention these days.

I rarely buy fights, generally stream them like everything else not on network TV. Google Chromecast has been amazing in that regard.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy here that watches MMA/Boxing regularly but I figured I'd throw this out in case I was wrong.

sggatecl,
I used to watch all the time, way way back to Marciano, Ali, and forward, I loved Marvin Hagler and saw him a couple of times at a shopping plaza and a restaurant before he left for Italy. Watched the Klitchko brothers, but other than hoping for Pacquiao to clean meriwether's clock haven't watched much in the last few years..
I don't really watch any of the MMA.

sggatecl,
I used to watch all the time, way way back to Marciano, Ali, and forward, I loved Marvin Hagler and saw him a couple of times at a shopping plaza and a restaurant before he left for Italy. Watched the Klitchko brothers, but other than hoping for Pacquiao to clean meriwether's clock haven't watched much in the last few years..
I don't really watch any of the MMA.

I wish I'd have been around to see the Marciano/Ali days. I'm 30 so I just barely missed being old enough to remember watching Hearns/Hagler/Leonard etc.

I started watching boxing when I was about 7, then I boxed throughout high school and college. I've really taken to MMA though the last 5 years, the difference in styles is really intriguing.

I wish I'd have been around to see the Marciano/Ali days. I'm 30 so I just barely missed being old enough to remember watching Hearns/Hagler/Leonard etc.

I started watching boxing when I was about 7, then I boxed throughout high school and college. I've really taken to MMA though the last 5 years, the difference in styles is really intriguing.

I used to watch the Gillette Cavalcade of Sports on Friday nights with my dad in the 50's and early 60's. Carmen Basilio, Willie Pep, Archie Moore, and Sugar Ray Robinson to name a few.
Liston was an absolute brute, and that 'phantom' punch from Ali was crazy, with Ali screaming at him to "get up". Word was he owed money to the wise guys, and eventually was taken out by them.
I loved Hearns, but was rooting for Marvin that fight. If you haven't seen it, you have to because there was more punches thown in those three rounds? than most fights that go the distance. Marvin went nuts when he saw his own blood.

There was an old middleweight contender who lived in my building when I got there in the mid 80's. Joe Rindone....he fought Sugar Ray and Jake Lamotta. He looked like a boxer, cauliflower ears and his nose was twisted all over his face, tough looking but a good guy in his old age.

My dad used to work with a guy who was his best friend, who's adult son was part of Tommy 'hitman' Hearns entourage/bodyguard. So we got to go one time to the Kronk Gym and watch him train one day. He KO'd like 4 sparring partners in like 10 mins, then jokingly pointed to me and my brother and asked, "Are those two toughguys next?". We were like 13 and 11 at the time.

IIRC this was about a year before he beat Duran.

My dad used to work with a guy who was his best friend, who's adult son was part of Tommy 'hitman' Hearns entourage/bodyguard. So we got to go one time to the Kronk Gym and watch him train one day. He KO'd like 4 sparring partners in like 10 mins, then jokingly pointed to me and my brother and asked, "Are those two toughguys next?". We were like 13 and 11 at the time.

IIRC this was about a year before he beat Duran.

Awesome.

I was a big Leonard fan..I even rooted for him against the hometown guy Hearns. And of course Ali, how could you not like him.

Back