Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Two Living Popes Declare Two Dead Ones Saints

There are a lot of people driving around Chicago with Polish and Vatican City flags flying on their cars. Apparently this affects them in some way? I don't get it.

There are a lot of people driving around Chicago with Polish and Vatican City flags flying on their cars. Apparently this affects them in some way? I don't get it.

Let me see..you don't believe in God therefore a pope means nothing to you and you wonder why you don't get it :ugh:

We are all called to be saints. There can never be too many of them.

It's easier to take someone seriously as a saint if they hadn't hid the child molestation problem in Catholic Church.

It's easier to take someone seriously as a saint if they hadn't hid the child molestation problem in Catholic Church.

No one says those priests involved in that unforgiving act are saints. It didn't make the whole Catholic church evil..

No one says those priests involved in that unforgiving act are saints. It didn't make the whole Catholic church evil..

He's talking about trying to cover it up and avoid a scandal. Simple analogy would be Pope JP2 = Joe Paterno.

He's talking about trying to cover it up and avoid a scandal. Simple analogy would be Pope JP2 = Joe Paterno.

Again, not everyone covered it up.

At Penn State, not everyone should be lumped in with Paterno.

Again, not everyone covered it up.

At Penn State, not everyone should be lumped in with Paterno.

He's not talking about everyone, not sure why you keep bringing that up. It was specifically about JP2, you know, one of the guys the thread is about.

Back