Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

To Me Sterling Seems More Senile Than Anything

tinselwolverine

So he apparently doesn't want his mixed raced black and Hispanic girlfriend posting pictures of herself walking with black and Hispanic people on Instagram...

What...?

He's 81 years old; I reckon he'll be in a diaper soon, if he isn't already.

Here's the "alleged" TMz audio...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhT6d5fMhzI

It really is shocking that something like this would come out about an octogenarian slumlord that actually has a legal history of discrimination...

To me it sounds like he is an old man who doesn't like his 30 year old trophy wife walking around with young black guys. She was setting him up in the entire taped conversation. He is racist which is wrong but I have a bigger problem with this conversation being made public than what he actually said.

I have to say that I'm amused at the whole Claude Raines/Casablanca "I'm shocked...SHOCKED..."...reaction everybody seems to be having...

Really?

Strom Thurmond was a segregationist and had a black daughter

people are fucked up, what can I say?

He is a racist... I have no problem with it being made public.. Fuck guys like this. I could care less if he was setup... Shows just how dumb he is.. Looks like sponsors are leaving this asshole in droves... Hope he is forced to sell...

Part of Mark Cuban's response.

Cuban was concerned about an arbitrary line being set for forcing people out of the league due to controversial beliefs that could be considered offensive.

"In this country, people are allowed to be morons," Cuban said. "They're allowed to be stupid. They're allowed to think idiotic thoughts.

"Within an organization like the NBA, we try to do what's in the best interest of the league and that's why we have a commissioner and a constitution and I think Adam will be smart and deal with Donald with the full extent available. But, again, if you're saying a blanket, 'Let's kick him out?' I don't want to go that far because it's not about Donald, it's not about his position, it's about his mess -- and what are we going to make a decision on?

Cuban added that it was "damn scary" to ponder the thought of attempting to remove somebody from the NBA because of their private thoughts.

"In no uncertain terms am I supporting what Donald Sterling said, or his position," Cuban said. "He's obviously racist, he's obviously bigoted. And in this day and age when you're in the public eye, you've got to be damn careful -- if that's your position and that's unfortunately where you're at -- you better be damn careful what you say, even in the privacy of your own home.

"But regardless of your background, regardless of the history they have, if we're taking something somebody said in their home and we're trying to turn it into something that leads to you being forced to divest property in any way, shape or form, that's not the United States of America. I don't want to be part of that."

I'm thinking of getting a whole bunch of t-shirts printed up that say I'm Here With V. Stiviano, and then stand out front of Staples Center before the next Clippers game and sell them to black dudes on their way there.

Wouldn't it be funny if they caught Magic Johnson and Doc Rivers talking to each other on tape and they were referring to Donald Sterling as a "god damn cheap Jew bastard?"

That would be hysterical.

"In this country, people are allowed to be morons," Cuban said. "They're allowed to be stupid. They're allowed to think idiotic thoughts.

Cuban added that it was "damn scary" to ponder the thought of attempting to remove somebody from the NBA because of their private thoughts.

They weren't his private thoughts... he said them to another person. And they were pretty far beyond the pale.

And he's said similar things to other people on prior occasions, meaning he couldn't simply deny this circumstance or explain it away.

I'm thinking of getting a whole bunch of t-shirts printed up that say I'm Here With V. Stiviano, and then stand out front of Staples Center before the next Clippers game and sell them to black dudes on their way there.

You're too late.

I heard on the radio today that TMZ is reporting that Sterling was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Back