Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sterling Gets the hammer

biggunsbob

Adam Silver lays down the Hammer.

Lifetime ban!!!!

I was watching the press conference for no particular reason and was absolutely shocked. I think it's a great decision on Silver's part and it takes huge balls to do it.

The whole slippery slope argument is ridiculous to me too. Sterling made overtly racist, ignorant, horrible comment that alienates a huge swath of NBA athletes, coaches, and fans... Really it should alienate everyone. He's so out of touch that he can't even feign public remorse (or even privately to Silver). And that's why he's getting the boot.

What took so long? This guy was a horrible owner and a known bigot in NBA circles for years. Only when his concubine records his words does the public express outrage. Otherwise the far more egregious things he did did not warrant a ban. I call BS on the NBA for being complicit in his bigotry until it became sensationalized by an audio recording.

I was watching the press conference for no particular reason and was absolutely shocked. I think it's a great decision on Silver's part and it takes huge balls to do it.

It took the spine of an invertebrate to ban Sterling. It was the easiest possible decision to make. He's 81 and has owned the team for 30+ years. He's a sacrificial lamb. It was the same spinelessness that determined that Sterling was a viable NBA owner despite his well-known track record of discrimination and bigotry. The only difference was that the media was asleep at the switch or not interested.

"Black tenants smell and attract vermin." Sterling said this in 2009. Elgin Baylor sued Sterling the same year for employment discrimination on the basis of age and race. Rivers was the coach of the Celtics in 2009. Why did he accept a job offer from such a bigot? How has Doc Rivers even worked one day for him? Or any of his players played one game for him? They are not surprised by his remarks.

The whole slippery slope argument is ridiculous to me too. Sterling made overtly racist, ignorant, horrible comment that alienates a huge swath of NBA athletes, coaches, and fans... Really it should alienate everyone. He's so out of touch that he can't even feign public remorse (or even privately to Silver). And that's why he's getting the boot.

He's getting the boot because his tart recorded Sterling's rant and his viewpoint made the news.

Last edited:
I love the people who are saying "this violates our freedom of speech as Americans," how dumb. Suffer the consequences of what you choose to say.

Great job on Silver's part.

What took so long? This guy was a horrible owner and a known bigot in NBA circles for years. Only when his concubine records his words does the public express outrage. Otherwise the far more egregious things he did did not warrant a ban. I call BS on the NBA for being complicit in his bigotry until it became sensationalized by an audio recording.

Blame that gutless, lowlife coward David Stern for that. Thank god that asshole is gone, he has let this league I once loved go to complete horseshit.

Blame that gutless, lowlife coward David Stern for that. Thank god that asshole is gone, he has let this league I once loved go to complete horseshit.

Stern was one man. None of the players stood against him, not even his own. No inverted jerseys prior to the media finally finding reason to report this.

I love the people who are saying "this violates our freedom of speech as Americans," how dumb. Suffer the consequences of what you choose to say.

Great job on Silver's part.

I got to agree with byco, there was nothing gutsee about Silver's decision; it was the easy way out.

Now again, maybe he also did you thought was the right thing to do; then again as byco points out, why now over stupid things like this, when everybody has known this about Sterling all along?

Last edited:

If I'm an NBA owner I would definitely feel the same way Mark Cuban does.

Does anybody think he was actually bangin' that chick?

I don't.

At his age I doubt he would be able to.

Better late then never although this should have been done years ago...

NBA does nothing if this isn't public and Sterling goes on as owner of Clippers. And as "racist" as Sterling is clearly, he's also an old fuck whose wealth has gone to his head and I am sure he feels he can say anything he wants.

I hate the NBA. The league is horrible and Stern is a fucking asshole. He manufactured a league of 5 or 6 teams and 20-something irrelevant revenue generators and "Washington Generals" for the 5-6 "Globetrotters."

The league has also had an odd history of Jewish money benefitting off Black labor ...hell, in another era, what Sterling said wouldn't raise an eyebrow and if he'd won as a coach saying those things, he might be named Adolph Rupp and have an arena named in his honor.

Good riddance ...the dumpster fire that is the NBA is entertaining like a massive train wreck is.

First crowd shot as TNT goes from CHI/WAS to the Clippers game .....

A couple lesbians holding signs saying 'hate won't win'

And Hannity ....heh, Hannity takes story to point out this RACISM vs the Race Card that Dems always play.

How predictable

Back