Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Darrell Trigg - Christian Party

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
This probably could have gone under politics, but it's here. It's people like this that make my skin crawl. It's also why I get so angry at Christians for complaining that we are trying to keep their god from being involved in our government. very disturbing that this trend of extreme right christian conservatives is getting larger.

While he does have a couple good ideas, they are drowned out by the rest of the noise.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/...s-state-religion-gays-off-tv-and-ceo-pay-cap/

Darrell Trigg wants to amend the Constitution to end the separation of church and state, and he wants your vote.

The Tennessee engineer officially announced his candidacy for president Wednesday and will run on an explicitly Christian platform ? sprinkled with some Occupy Wall Street-style populism.

During a National Day of Prayer event Thursday in his Rogersville, Tenn., hometown, Trigg told about 100 people that he would make Christianity the official religion of the U.S. and require mandatory K-12 Bible lessons for public school students.

Schools would begin each day with prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance ? under God, no doubt ? but Trigg also wants to expand the budget for education, increase teacher pay, and require 30 minutes of physical education each day.

?Islam and the Muslims will be more than welcome to worship here as they please,? Trigg said. ?They?ll be loved as brothers and sisters in God?s kingdom. But, we have to have a religion to establish the backbone principles of this nation. We want that to be the Christian religion.?

Trigg wants to end legal recognition of homosexuality and keep gays off television ? along with nudity, ?strong sexual content,? ?excessive foul language,? and blasphemy.

The Christian Party candidate also wants to ban nudity from the Internet, although he did not describe how he would do this, and punish adultery and domestic abuse with jail and large fines.

Trigg said he would cap executive pay for publicly traded corporations at $300,000 a year and help manufacturers by cutting capital-gains taxes, building or refurbishing facilities, and training employees.

?We plan on putting tariffs on imported goods,? Trigg said. ?Imagine if you go into Morristown (Tenn.) tomorrow and every one of those furniture factories are up and running ? what that would do to the economy of Morristown. What that would do to our nation.?

He would set the legal age for marriage at 22 years old, redefine marriage as ?Holy Matrimony? between a man and woman, and forbid divorce except in cases of abuse, infidelity, or incarceration.

Trigg wants to raise the legal drinking age to 25 and keep alcohol off college campuses ? and he also wants to limit the salaries of college coaches to $300,000 a year.

The candidate said he would allow only medical use of marijuana and outlaw abortion except in cases where the child had ?a small probability of living? and the mother?s life was placed in ?extreme risk.?

?Proverbs 9-10 tells us the fear of God is the beginning of all wisdom,? Trigg said. ?I?m a little ashamed to say, but a lot of our nation?s leaders have forgot what the fear of God is all about.?

This probably could have gone under politics, but it's here. It's people like this that make my skin crawl. It's also why I get so angry at Christians for complaining that we are trying to keep their god from being involved in our government. very disturbing that this trend of extreme right christian conservatives is getting larger.

Then maybe y'all should focus your energy on the extreme right instead of trying to make sure nobody ever says a prayer on government-owned property.

Then maybe y'all should focus your energy on the extreme right instead of trying to make sure nobody ever says a prayer on government-owned property.

You have children, right? What happens when they beg you for chocolate cake at 7am? Of course you won't give it to them! That'd be stupid! But, let's just say you give them one little bite. Just one to shut them up. No harm, right? A little later, they're asking you for cake again, reminding you that you gave them that bite and they're still okay, so what would it hurt to give two bites? Then, you soon realize that your kids are getting everything they wanted because you gave into them and they picked and picked until they had it all. Your cake is gone and your kids are fat.

Point is, we have a guarantee in the constitution. When we start giving up parts of that constitution, it's eventually going to fail completely.

You have children, right? What happens when they beg you for chocolate cake at 7am? Of course you won't give it to them! That'd be stupid! But, let's just say you give them one little bite. Just one to shut them up. No harm, right? A little later, they're asking you for cake again, reminding you that you gave them that bite and they're still okay, so what would it hurt to give two bites? Then, you soon realize that your kids are getting everything they wanted because you gave into them and they picked and picked until they had it all. Your cake is gone and your kids are fat.

Point is, we have a guarantee in the constitution. When we start giving up parts of that constitution, it's eventually going to fail completely.

A slippery slope argument? Man, which side are you on again?

I thought it was the side that more readily recognizes that rules shouldn't always be read in black & white and treats the Constitution like a living document. But no, the whole spectrum of religious people is reduced to kids that you can't give an inch to.

You have children, right? What happens when they beg you for chocolate cake at 7am? Of course you won't give it to them! That'd be stupid!

Have you ever heard/seen Bill Cosby do his standup routine called "Bill Cosby, Himself"?

He tells the story of how he once got forced by his wife, to get up and make breakfast for the children. He then gives his kids big pieces of chocolate cake for breakfast, and then his kids are singing his praises - until the boss . . . his wife . . . shows up and ruins their fun. He then gets sent to his room, which is where he wanted to be in the first place.

Not sure if it fits, but your analogy made me think of his routine. An absolute classic if you have never seen it.

Last edited:

The Tennessee engineer officially announced his candidacy for president Wednesday and will run on an explicitly Christian platform ? sprinkled with some Occupy Wall Street-style populism.

It's a trick. Get an axe.

It's been null and void for at least 100 years. Wake up. 9th and 10th amendments are useless appendages. 4th is an inconvenience. The 2nd is consistently challenged. The rest of it is abused or applied for the benefit of a few. It's the government that has done this, not "We the People": and now you are outraged about a single crackpot with presidential aspirations?

It's been null and void for at least 100 years. Wake up. 9th and 10th amendments are useless appendages. 4th is an inconvenience. The 2nd is consistently challenged. The rest of it is abused or applied for the benefit of a few. It's the government that has done this, not "We the People": and now you are outraged about a single crackpot with presidential aspirations?

Boom!

So, because you interpret vague amendments as being violated, it's cool to keep doing it to others? The 2nd hasn't been taken away or lessened one bit. If anything, we have given it more power than originally intended. The first is the absolutely most essential part of this country. And IMO, if your gov't can force a religion down our throats, it can also take it away completely. Nobody should have that power. Religion needs to stay out of gov't and gov't should stay out of religion.

The guy is a crackpot for thinking that any of his platform could possibly be implemented, and most of it is junk anyway. I like the idea of capping pay but think $300,000 is too low, and also think tarrifs on manufactured goods is an idea that needs to be seriously explored.

As for freedom of religion, I think the whole thing of establishing a religion by a public official expressing their religious views is absolutely ridiculous, because if that is the case then we are establishing a state religion of materialist secularism by refusing to allow officials to express their real views. All the focus has been on the establishment clause, and in their zeal for keeping that they have absolutely trampled all over the second half of that sentence: "... nor restricting the free exercise thereof". People have beliefs. People carry those beliefs into their public life whether we like to admit it or not. People make decisions based in some measure upon those beliefs. If you disagree with a persons beliefs, don't vote for them. But don't discriminate against their worldview by excluding it from the public marketplace of ideas categorically.

I want a constitutional amendment making the brontosaurus the official animal of the United
States of America.

I have more chance of getting my amendment passed than this guy does.

This is a non-event; the guy is exercising his right to call for something silly just like anybody else can say silly shit.

Like for example, my position on the brontosaurus.

Hogwash.

Adding thorough background checks or limiting full auto- and high capacity weapon magazines is not challenging the 2nd amendment. I hate when people go off on this moronic rant. Nobody with the actual power to do so is saying let's take away everyone's guns. People go off on such conspiracy theories when it suits their arguments.

Wake up sheep....the NRA is not protecting the second amendment and never has. The NRA protects gun and accessories manufacturers and lobbies for them, to try to make sure they will always have as large a market as possible.

Hogwash.

Adding thorough background checks or limiting full auto- and high capacity weapon magazines is not challenging the 2nd amendment. I hate when people go off on this moronic rant. Nobody with the actual power to do so is saying let's take away everyone's guns. People go off on such conspiracy theories when it suits their arguments.

Wake up sheep....the NRA is not protecting the second amendment and never has. The NRA protects gun and accessories manufacturers and lobbies for them, to try to make sure they will always have as large a market as possible.

And you do understand that the 2nd amendment was written with a milita in mind. I don't think the founding fathers envisioned a country that spends more on defense than the next 13 countries while having 10,000 gun homicides each year

Last edited:
And you do understand that the 2nd amendment was written with a military in mind. I don't think the founding fathers envisioned a country that spends more on defense than the next 13 countries while have 10,000 gun homicides each year

Exactly. In 1789, the militias virtually WERE the military. Take away everyone's guns, and you disarm basically the entire country and have no military.

Last edited:
Back