Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons Pursuing Stan Van Gundy

SVG did a great job in developing players in Orlando. I'd actually be really happy with this.

He's hilarious. He cracks me up. There aren't any other options that are better than him, really. Give him the keys to the ship, and let him drive.

I'm down w/SVG, but hope they give him some decent help and support. This sounds like too much to put on one guy.

This i'm actually on board with.

First established coach the Pistons had since Flip Saunders. Hope it happens.

Yea I think it's a really good idea. This team is just a move or two away along with him coaching to be a middle seed in the EC.

Let CV and Stuckey walk, resign Monroe. See about moving Josh Smith but thats doubtful.

We should have even after resigning Monroe have around 5-8 Million in cap space. Hopefully SVG can get KCP going. If he develops then our backcourt is much nicer.

I'd be thrilled to have Stan Van Gundy here running things. He's a winner and we've had a lot of slouches here for the past 5 seasons.

The only player on our roster that I like and fully believe to be instrumental in winning is Andre Drummond (jury's still out on KCP). SVG would have his work cut out for him, but if he could successfully surround Andre with four starters who can shoot, including a stretch four, then we'd be in business.

Back