Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michael Sam Pushing the Agenda

Just cashing in on a pay day. Or should I say ...gay day?!?

/ #KeithMorrison

But seriously,

All those gay people who will tune in to support Sam whether they like football or not and then there will be those bi-curious guys like jwlcosu who will tune in to see if Sam takes his shirt off.

Last edited:
Seriously though if he was on the Lions not sure I'd like him being on OW especially without telling the organization about it..

I think they are pulling the show after talking with the club...

He should be Grand Marshal for the parade at Magic Kingdom for Gay Days at Disney.

No, it isn't an official Disney event, the LGBT groups just started it on their own long ago. First Saturday in June. Amazing how many guests still get upset after all this time, and their comments are often similar, what should they tell their kids and such. Some get extremely hostile.

When I first saw this thread I assumed Agenda was the name of the white boyfriend.

Hey-OOOOOOOO!

LaVar Arrington from the link: “Just say you want to be a celebrity. Now you’ve been drafted, come out and say, ‘I know I’m not that good. I’ve looked at my combine film. I looked at it just like everybody else, I know I’m not fast; I know I’m not explosive out of my hips; I’m undersized...

The white boyfriend might beg to differ on the last two points...

Hey-OOOOOOO!!

LaVar Arrington from the link: ?Just say you want to be a celebrity. Now you?ve been drafted, come out and say, ?I know I?m not that good. I?ve looked at my combine film. I looked at it just like everybody else, I know I?m not fast; I know I?m not explosive out of my hips; I?m undersized...

The white boyfriend might beg to differ on the last two points...

Hey-OOOOOOO!!

Or he might not..

Hey-OOOOOOO!!

Don't know why people begrudge him for this. He's got to strike while the iron is hot. He's a low level pick who might not even make the team or last very long in the NFL. He has to cash in financially where he can so he isn't working a dead end job for the next forty years.

It would be financially irresponsible to do otherwise.

Don't know why people begrudge him for this. He's got to strike while the iron is hot. He's a low level pick who might not even make the team or last very long in the NFL. He has to cash in financially where he can so he isn't working a dead end job for the next forty years.

It would be financially irresponsible to do otherwise.

Mainly its because of what he said. "Think of me as Michael Sam the football player," he said, "not Michael Sam the gay football player." Empty words.

Mainly its because of what he said. "Think of me as Michael Sam the football player," he said, "not Michael Sam the gay football player." Empty words.

And that makes him literally no different than anybody else. Everybody does/says things like that and it might be true at some point in the future. But he's also not a fool.

And that makes him literally no different than anybody else. Everybody does/says things like that and it might be true at some point in the future. But he's also not a fool.

Um yeah..he's a fool. So he makes a little coin, does not take away the fact he's a fool. And I'm not sure who you know..but everyone else is not like that.

Um yeah..he's a fool. So he makes a little coin, does not take away the fact he's a fool. And I'm not sure who you know..but everyone else is not like that.

He's a fool because he's trying to get paid? I think that makes him basically the complete opposite.

And if I had a nickle for every time somebody with some 'primary job' said something like "I just want to be known as x the y" when they were in fact better known as something else and capitalized as something else, I would be a very rich man. That line has been used so many times by so many people and it is never true.

He's a fool because he's trying to get paid? I think that makes him basically the complete opposite.

And if I had a nickle for every time somebody with some 'primary job' said something like "I just want to be known as x the y" when they were in fact better known as something else and capitalized as something else, I would be a very rich man. That line has been used so many times by so many people and it is never true.

I'd hate to know the people you know.

This thread is pretty hilarious. How many professional athletes have had or been on reality tv shows? Hmm, reggie bush, ocho cinco, T.O., eric decker, lamar odom? I know there's even more, especially if you include dancing with the stars.

The guy was offered money to document his journey. Like it or not, people are interested. Especially gay men, women, and young people. Not sure if he knew he needed permission, but once he was told no, he backed out like any player would.

Are any of you going to turn down money from Oprah? I doubt it. And who cares? Really? What does it matter if he's getting a show to prove a gay guy can make it in the league? You aren't forced to watch it. The viewing of it won't turn you gay, or in jwlcosu's case, gayer. So, just sit back, relax, and enjoy being a straight man in the early 21st century.

The homophobes are circling the wagons.

That's how it is with you on the left. Criticize 0bama on policy, you're a racist. Point out the inconsistency in Sam's behavior, you're a homophobe. That's why debating you guys is pretty much pointless. The name calling and bomb throwing starts immediately and gets worse.

That's how it is with you on the left. Criticize 0bama on policy, you're a racist. Point out the inconsistency in Sam's behavior, you're a homophobe. That's why debating you guys is pretty much pointless. The name calling and bomb throwing starts immediately and gets worse.

And from nowhere it is a left-right thing. Good work. I'm sure that will take this in a productive direction.

Also, I don't think "homophobe" is really name calling unless it is blatantly untrue. Frankly, when someone uses references like a gay "agenda" it is a pretty good indicator that one would not be completely out of line using that term.

Last edited:
Back