Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I'm not sure what to think about this...

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
I'll give you the short version of the story if you don't want to check out the link...

A third grader in South Carolina wrote to her state representatives, trying to get the mammoth to be the official state fossil. There were holdups in getting the bill to pass, but this past week it was finally passed through.

One problem came from a republican senator who initially wanted an entire bible verse included in the bill, but he eventually settled for this language:

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:

SECTION 1. Article 9, Chapter 1, Title 1 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:

“Section 1-1-712A. The Columbian Mammoth, which was created on the Sixth Day with the other beasts of the field, is designated as the official State Fossil of South Carolina and must be officially referred to as the ‘Columbian Mammoth’, which was created on the Sixth Day with the other beasts of the field.”

Luckily, his friends disagreed and took out the bible reference completely.

What I'm wondering now is if this is about a state senator that is looking to appeal to more christian conservative voters or if he is just really insecure with his faith. I just wonder if he would do that to the state bird or the state food. It's very odd...even if I look at it from a Christian perspective.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...ammoth-south-carolinas-official-state-fossil/

I think there was already a thread on this a few months back?

The short version is he's an idiot. The long version isn't much different.

I just wonder if he would do that to the state bird or the state food.

Probably the same thing with the state bird, but if SC ever makes the McDonald's Hamburger their official state food, then he will have a problem, b/c those suckers last forever.

Back