Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ben Affleck in new Batsuit with batmobile

i heard some ppl comparing the look to the Frank Millar Batman

Not as much from the Year One Miller, but the Dark Knight Returns has the small ears towards the back of the head. Also the wonky looking bat logo.
batman-the-dark-knight-returns+10th+Anniversary+Edition-001.jpg

tumblr_mzcpmb3o5i1scp23ko1_1280-will-frank-miller-s-dark-knight-ever-stop-returning.jpeg

I'm not nearly as excited for this film as I thought I would be.

I'm not nearly as excited for this film as I thought I would be.

I have absolutely 0 interest is seeing Ben Affleck in another superhero movie. Or any movie at all to be honest, though I did like Argo.

Anyone remember this steaming pile of shit?

Daredevil_poster.JPG

Everyone is so certain this is going to suck...my inner contrarian is starting to get optimistic. Especially now that I see the Frank Miller influence.

The Dark Knight Returns is one of the 3 comic books I own.

I have absolutely 0 interest is seeing Ben Affleck in another superhero movie. Or any movie at all to be honest, though I did like Argo.

Anyone remember this steaming pile of shit?

Daredevil_poster.JPG

Honestly, I don't think Affleck did a bad job in that movie. Sure, the super hero sucks, the movie was shit, the script was shit, plot was shit, but I think he did a decent job with what he had.

Plus, it seems that he's steadily getting better as an actor. I was skeptical of him as batman at first, but I think of all the tv/movie batmans, he's the most physically intimidating and that lends well to him in costume. As for the Bruce Wayne part, I don't think he can be what Christian Bale was, but I don't think it'll be an issue.

In a perfect world, Bale and the Superman from "Man of Steel" (forgot his name) would be in the movie, but that's not happening.

Honestly, I don't think Affleck did a bad job in that movie. Sure, the super hero sucks, the movie was shit, the script was shit, plot was shit, but I think he did a decent job with what he had.

Plus, it seems that he's steadily getting better as an actor. I was skeptical of him as batman at first, but I think of all the tv/movie batmans, he's the most physically intimidating and that lends well to him in costume. As for the Bruce Wayne part, I don't think he can be what Christian Bale was, but I don't think it'll be an issue.

In a perfect world, Bale and the Superman from "Man of Steel" (forgot his name) would be in the movie, but that's not happening.

I find Affleck a terrible actor. He was good in Argo, but I can't think of any other movie I have seen him in that he didn't suck, Daredevil included. Maybe Dazed and Confuzed, but he was playing a dumb guy who it wasn't that much of a stretch.

I find Affleck a terrible actor. He was good in Argo, but I can't think of any other movie I have seen him in that he didn't suck, Daredevil included. Maybe Dazed and Confuzed, but he was playing a dumb guy who it wasn't that much of a stretch.

Have you seen "the town"?

Did you buy them all from Stuart when you went to his store with Sheldon, Leonard, Wolowitz, and Kuthropali?

And did Penny go with you?

Penny never goes anywhere if she knows I'm going to be there because I always bring up how '97 Michigan didn't need some fluke, miracle, kick-the-ball-as-you're-falling-backwards play just to get to overtime against a 7-5 Missouri.

Penny never goes anywhere if she knows I'm going to be there because I always bring up how '97 Michigan didn't need some fluke, miracle, kick-the-ball-as-you're-falling-backwards play just to get to overtime against a 7-5 Missouri.

I call bullshit. Penny is way too young to remember that.

Unlike you and me.

Argo and the Town were pretty darn good... I am sure I will see the batman movie and probably like it.. Daredevil was not great but its not like it was CHUD or a movie like the Punisher which they sort of wrecked.

Hey...you guys don;t suppose this guy:
richdawg.png
...is DareDevil do you?

Yeah, but she's used to hearing older guys carry on about stuff she's too young to remember. Sheldon's 41; Leonard's 39.

I doubt Leonard and Sheldon spend much time talking about 1997 Nebraska football.

Maybe Sheldon mentioned it when he was teaching Leonard about football to prepare him to "fit in" with Penny's friends that one time he went to one of her football parties.

But if he did it wasn't on the episode.

Back