Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Near slavery is still alive in SC bible college

this isn't near slavery... according to Republicans, the things that are like slavery are welfare payments, US debt owned by China, and Obamacare. Basically everything is like slavery, except actual slavery, which was not that bad, and blacks were better off then.

Damn… why didn't slaves just bring criminal complaints against their massas,' like these people did?

Seems like these foreign students were treated more like indentured servants than slaves. Too bad that batshit-crazy Bachmann didn't get her wish, and minimum wage laws were abolished, then perhaps Miller might not be in so much trouble with the Feds.

At any rate, each charge carries a max of 20 years, so Miller may be spending the rest of his life in federal prison.

Facebook comment from that page says it all:

He's just following biblical principles.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. (Leviticus 25:44-45)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2).

Facebook comment from that page says it all:

He's just following biblical principles.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. (Leviticus 25:44-45)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2).

OUT OF CONTEXT!!! Obviously!

Edit: or those words were only meant to be for people of the time!

“Many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and will deceive many… For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect–if that were possible.”(Mark 13:6, 21) “and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.”(Matt 24:11)

?Many will come in my name, claiming, ?I am he,? and will deceive many? For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect?if that were possible.?(Mark 13:6, 21) ?and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.?(Matt 24:11)

A control method for keeping power with the church and sheep from turning to other religions.

A control method for keeping power with the church and sheep from turning to other religions.

it has nothing to do with a specific religion within the christian faith..bible prophecy rearing itself again

Last edited:
it has nothing to do with a specific religion within the christian faith..bible prophecy rearing itself again

You don't understand...clearly. Bible prophecy and its warnings are meant to scare people. They are intentionally vague and can be applied to nearly any time in recorded history. It's designed to keep you close to the church (any religion).

Think about it, if you were to create a religion where the deity will never be seen or heard, how would you keep your followers in line? Hope and fear. If you think logically, you'll come to the same conclusion.

You don't understand...clearly. Bible prophecy and its warnings are meant to scare people. They are intentionally vague and can be applied to nearly any time in recorded history. It's designed to keep you close to the church (any religion).

Think about it, if you were to create a religion where the deity will never be seen or heard, how would you keep your followers in line? Hope and fear. If you think logically, you'll come to the same conclusion.

well i dont attend a church and the signs are ever increasing. the prophecy shouldnt scare the believer

Last edited:
well i dont attend a church and the signs are ever increasing. the prophecy shouldnt scare the believer

Like I said, the prophecy is intended to apply to any time. Believers will see signs. Your parents and grandparents and great grand parents probably all saw signs too. About the fear part...exactly! If you doubt the bible or stray from the path, you might have fear that the prophecy is happening. Then, you get right with God. Exactly!

Great Grandparents: WWI
Grandparents: WWII
Parents: Cuban Missile Crisis/Cold War
21st Century Schizoid Man: Terrorism

The signs have been increasing for a century. How many times are we going to be told a specific date for the "End Times" only to have it come and go with no change?

I firmly believe that unless we nuke ourselves to death, or wreck our planet/air/water, that we will be into the Star Trek like future with the same types of silly goobers still telling us how the "signs" are so clear to the bibles prophecies being fulfilled.

Maybe we should have one of those cardboard thermometers you fill in with red marker as the signs increase until it gets to a specific point then at least we will know how "soon" soon is.

Like I said, the prophecy is intended to apply to any time. Believers will see signs. Your parents and grandparents and great grand parents probably all saw signs too. About the fear part...exactly! If you doubt the bible or stray from the path, you might have fear that the prophecy is happening. Then, you get right with God. Exactly!

How do you know what prophecy is intended to do? Have you heard them all, or are you just making sweeping generalizations about what they are intended to do?

You do that a lot.

How do you know what prophecy is intended to do? Have you heard them all, or are you just making sweeping generalizations about what they are intended to do?

You do that a lot.

It's easy to figure out when you understand cults. Study any religion or cult and you'll find that common theme - rules, stories, and/or prophecies intended to keep sheep from wandering too far. The faithful are always rewarded and the misguided are doomed.

As i asked in a previous post...if you were to create a religion, how would you attract followers and how would you keep them from leaving? This is assuming you have no actual evidence (like all religion) that your deity exists.

It's easy to figure out when you understand cults. Study any religion or cult and you'll find that common theme - rules, stories, and/or prophecies intended to keep sheep from wandering too far. The faithful are always rewarded and the misguided are doomed.

As i asked in a previous post...if you were to create a religion, how would you attract followers and how would you keep them from leaving? This is assuming you have no actual evidence (like all religion) that your deity exists.

Well Christianity supposedly has that evidence - the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

It doesn't take understanding anything about cults to see you have no idea what an actual prophecy is, or how it compares to false prophecy. Please enlighten us all about your knowledge of all prophecies - a claim you seem to be making. This ought to be interesting.

LOL, yeah emphasis on supposedly.

Well...the PNAC pretty accurately prophesied a "Pearl Harbor" type event in the US of A, a few years prior to 9/11, so maybe we should have worshiped the Neocons..yanno?

oh wait...about half of US who were "real mercans" pretty much did so for 8 years.(give or take)

Then we could have had a couple of "Mavricks" succeed them. One who claimed that she was not just a mere plain folks VP candidate, but was ALSO a "pitbull in lipstick", who was gonna "get in there" (Senate chambers) and help 'em write policy....but noooo...Tina Fey, ACORN, and the librul media had to go and mess all that up.

Well Christianity supposedly has that evidence - the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

It doesn't take understanding anything about cults to see you have no idea what an actual prophecy is, or how it compares to false prophecy. Please enlighten us all about your knowledge of all prophecies - a claim you seem to be making. This ought to be interesting.

Well, I've read the bible twice. Enough vague prophecy in that book to make Sylvia Brown call bullshit.

In high school, I studied mythology for two years. Learned enough about ancient religions to understand how much the bible has taken from them. The punishments for being bad, rewards for worship and being good. The promise of some return of a god to destroy or save the world...it's all the same.

You read revelation and every single word of prophecy can be attributed to any time in history. It's all meant to scare you into not straying too far, just like every other religion or cult. The faithful have no need to worry. As long as they keep the faith, great rewards are given. There is a proven formula throughout history and it will never change until people realize they're being played.

Back