Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yikes! Bare arms! Cover it up!

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...ah-modesty-police-edit-girls-yearbook-photos/

Female students at a public high school in Utah are angry after their yearbook photos were secretly edited by school administrators to cover up bare arms and modest necklines.

The female students at Wasatch High School were surprised and angry to find that their yearbook photos had been edited to reveal less skin, and upset that the decision to make alterations in their yearbook photos was not consistent.

In one case, two different girls were wearing nearly identical tops: one photo was altered to add sleeves and the other was not.

?My shirt was a cream color, and the color of the cover-up was completely white,? sophomore Kimberly Montoya said of the sleeves added to her picture. ?It looked like white-out on my skin.?

Administrators claim the students knew about the dress code?s modesty requirements, and also claim that students were warned that their pictures might be edited.

Taking a defiant stance, the Wasatch County Superintendent would only admit the school erred in not applying the same rules to each student.

?We only apologize in the sense that we want to be more consistent with what we?re trying to do in that sense we can help kids better prepare for their future by knowing how to dress appropriately for things,? said Terry E. Shoemaker, who is the superintendent of schools for the Wasatch County School District.

However, critics find the unauthorized photoshopping of the girls yearbook photos deeply disturbing, and reflect the power of the notorious Mormon modesty police in the state of Utah.

Indeed, the tactics of the public school administrators are reminiscent of a repressive middle eastern theocracy, rather than a state in the heartland of the U.S.A. The actions and policies of the Wasatch County School District are clearly sexist, misogynistic, and symptomatic of the repressive and dysfunctional nature of religious patriarchy.

I'm going to be pissed if admin photo shops sleeves over my bare arms for in my sleeveless photos displayed on this board.

Please hand this to our secretary who will add it to the pile of evidence that religion sucks:

6a00d83451f4a069e201538f64d522970b-320wi

I always got a stiffy as a parochial grade/HS school student whenever I viewed the crooks of the younger and attractive nuns' arms, when they would roll their sleeves up to whack my ass or hands w/a yardstick or pointer...sooo sexy!!

The nuns used to occasionally order the girls who had to wear a uniform dress, to kneel on the classroom floor, and if their hems did not touch the floor, then they would rip the stitching out.

Looks like the Morons...err..Mormons stop just short of requiring female public school students in Utah to wear burkas...yanno? Just imagine the retouching of the images, if many of the girls wore dresses and the photos were taken in full profile.

My public HS yearbook photos only reveal the "busts" of students, so a plunging neckline or arms below the shoulders are hidden. But that was almost 40 years ago, so obviously class pictures have changed since then.

Last edited:
I always got a stiffy as a parochial grade/HS school student whenever I viewed the crooks of the younger and attractive nuns' arms, when they would roll their sleeves up to whack my ass or hands w/a yardstick or pointer...sooo sexy!!!

Ha!

we had all ugly nuns. all. ugly. really, really, hideous.

I guess by the 80's/90's there were no more young nuns.

we had all ugly nuns. all. ugly. really, really, hideous.

I guess by the 80's/90's there were no more young nuns.

Yeah, well....there were just a few, and they got older and uglier with each "passing" grade, it seemed. My 3rd grade nun whose name was Sister Georgette, couldn't quite hide the fact that she was very attractive, despite the habit and large white cardboard collar that she wore.

Back