Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Iranian actress to be publicly flogged

I suppose this could have gone into the politics thread where sbee's "Happy" video post is, but since it's because the government is run according to a religion, it seems more fitting here.

For those following or who are born into Islam, especially females, their religion can be excruciatingly painful if not deadly. But it would not surprise me if many of their leaders and family members enjoy certain privileges that are denied to or are in violation of their laws, whether religious or legal...the latter just like the often atheist leaders of communist nations have.

I'm sure that Mr. Jacob feels horrified that the Iranian actress Ms. Hatami might be flogged b/c of their embrace in "defiance" of Iran's religious jurisprudence.

It is unlikely that these Iranian clerical whackjobs will bend from foreign pressure to forgive her transgression. Although I hope for her sake, that she will not return to her homeland, I imagine that it is possible that someone else from her family (if nor many or all) might be punished in her stead.

Iran might even issue a fatwa for her death if she fails to return and receive her punishment. Funny how this largely Islamic extremist and aggressively militant nation willingly adopts modern technology, yet their citizens are supposed to act and females in particular to dress like it is still 2000 years ago.

Last edited:
Not into torture, but I wouldn't mind pulling pairs of used LDS magic underpants over the heads of Hollywood celebrity followers of L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology.

oh wait...that might be torture for them after all?

Back