Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Clippers for $2 billion

tomdalton22

The NBA wants to force Sterling to sell and now he is going to get $2 billion for the team. I heard some experts saying if he would have sold them prior to all of this media attention he would have got about $900M for the team but once all of these billionaires found out that it was for sale it drove up the price. I think it's funny.

It's still the NBA. It's just buying the team just to buy it. I'm rich so let's spend my money..

The Clippers aren't going to make 2B in one year, but if he keeps the team for the next 10 years? It could totally pay for itself. Big local TV contract coming up in 2 years, plus big league-wide revenue coming up with new national TV contracts. Plus he can charge LA prices on everything from tickets to concessions and sell big name jerseys with Griffin and Paul. It's way more than I expected, but let's not pretend these teams aren't all but printing money right now. If the Clippers hadn't been such a debacle under Sterling basically until now, they would be in the same league as the Lakers (making 150 million a year just in local TV contracts).

Back