Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The fight for Atheist Marriage

This could be easily solved by getting government out of the marriage licencing business altogether. Civil Unions for everyone.

Or by making sure religious affiliation doesn't matter when marriage is being performed by government...as it is supposed to be.

This could be easily solved by getting government out of the marriage licencing business altogether. Civil Unions for everyone.

If you get the government out then you have nobody left to handle it but religious organizations.

I have no problem with how marriage licenses are done now, this was a case of the officiant causing the problem, not really the government.

And I can't really get too worked up about this because if the two knuckleheads has said right away they wanted a non-religious ceremony, they would have gotten the other officiant right off the bat and this would be a non issue.

I'm with Tinsel. Separate Church & State on this one, even in the language. You need one word for religious ceremonies or sacrament and a separate word describing the legal contract.

looks like Franklin Co, VA is more in the dumb white trash part of the state. this is just some wayward hick county officials screwing up. sue the shit out of them, get married, and move to civilization.

My dad the pastor is doing our ceremony, and he's perfectly fine doing a completely secular one.

Back