Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

actor fired for physically bouncing heckler

Michchamp

This was during a live performance of Tennessee Williams' Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Not sure if it goes here or not, since we are so uncultured, we don't have a theatre sub-forum. link.
John Lacy, who played Big Daddy in Tennessee Williams? classic play that tackles homophobia among other themes, was fired after jumping off stage and physically confronting an audience member who repeatedly made noise and yelled ?fag? during emotionally tense scenes, according to audience members? accounts of the incident on Facebook.
I was cracking up while reading this.

Like how the one actress was mad at the physical confrontation because the heckler might have been a gun nut.

Imagine that a heckler with a Heckler-Koch?

Like how the one actress was mad at the physical confrontation because the heckler might have been a gun nut.

Imagine that a heckler with a Heckler-Koch?

A live theater/playhouse is an unlikely place for a gun nut to show up.

A live theater/playhouse is an unlikely place for a gun nut to show up.

Ron Artest changed his name again and now he is doing theater?

I actually quoted you because when I read the OP I wanted to say that the Lacy dude was channeling John Wilkes Booth.

I would have though the same of Chili's restaurants until recently.

I still think it's unlikely.

the best scenario I can imagine would be that a gun nut's girlfriend dragged him there, but then again, gun nuts don't normally have girlfriends, or normal female companionship.

I still think it's unlikely.

the best scenario I can imagine would be that a gun nut's girlfriend dragged him there, but then again, gun nuts don't normally have girlfriends, or normal female companionship.

Plenty of female gun nuts. I live in an oasis of them. If daddy liked guns, chances are his little girl will grow up the same way.

Plenty of female gun nuts. I live in an oasis of them. If daddy liked guns, chances are his little girl will grow up the same way.

Kobe Smulder's character on How I Met Your Mother was a female gun nut...

Her dad had been a gun nut...

So there's a real live example of what you're talking aboot...

Back