Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OhioRounder picks 9/13 - 9/19

ohiorounder

Tonight I am taking:

Reds/Cubs under 8.5 -105 W
Phillies ML -230 L
Tigers ML -178 W

Net -$30

Early football lines that intrigue me, but I'm not betting them yet:

NFL:

NO-6.5 at home against CHI
BAL-6 at TEN
TB+3 at MIN
DAL-3 at SF
PHI-2.5 at ATL

NCAA:

LSU-3 at MSU
Bowling Green -8.5 hosting Wyoming
Penn St. -8.5 at Temple
MSU+4.5 at ND

Got bit on Philly last night, but I just can't seem them getting swept by Houston with Doc Holliday taking the mound. Keep in mind the Phillies haven't been swept in a 3 or 4 game series the ENTIRE year. -250 is a steep price to pay for a road team, but I'm gonna lay it.

A gem by Halliday give the Phils a 1-0 win and me a $100 bill.

Really thinking about placing a big bet on LSU tomorrow night. They looked so good against Oregon and I just can't see them losing to Miss. St. Any thoughts?

Gonna take the $100 I won on the Phillies and parlay the Yankees and under 8.5. $100 to win $205.

Great call on the under, but the Yankees lose 2-1 in 12 innings.

Man I wished I was into betting...

There are always some games that everyone knows the outcome, sure you don't make too much money but you do make some.

Also, LSU should be able to handle Miss St. and if they don't it will be a close game. Is LSU's QB back in action?

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Man I wished I was into betting...

There are always some games that everyone knows the outcome, sure you don't make too much money but you do make some.

Also, LSU should be able to handle Miss St. and if they don't it will be a close game. Is LSU's QB back in action?

It's not as easy as it sounds. You have to have discipline and know when you are making a bet with good value and when you are making a bet to chase lost money. It's a lot like poker, but with less control for the better.

OT but I saw a blue Michigan Jeep in Daytona yesterday... No hood stripes though.. Yours is cooler.

I went back an forth on tonight's game and ultimately decided to tease LSU+2.5 and over 43.5 for 200. LOSS

Net for week -230

thoughts on the capping stats? do you prefer that I separate teasers, parlays, etc or just do a straight up win/loss/push regardless of wager type? I plan on working on that tonight for the past week and getting the glossary up and running

elrod said:
thoughts on the capping stats? do you prefer that I separate teasers, parlays, etc or just do a straight up win/loss/push regardless of wager type? I plan on working on that tonight for the past week and getting the glossary up and running

Doesn't matter to me. Whatever you think will work best.

Okay no more over-thinking all of this. Here are my football picks for the entire weekend.

Boise St. -4 at Toledo in the 1st quarter 240 to win 200 - Win

Michigan State +5.5 at Notre Dame for 200 - Loss

Bowling Green -9.5 vs. Wyoming for 200 - Loss

Stanford -9.5 at Arizona for 350 - Win

Detroit -7.5 vs KC for 200 - Win

Dallas -3 vs. SF for 200 - Push

And I parlayed the ML for Detroit, New England, Philly, and Dallas 100 to win 398 - Loss

Adding on Boise -20 for the game 230 to win 200 - Win

Boise St. is a lock and I agree with Dallas, Detroit, and Bowling Green. Would be a little leery of that MSU game.

I took the Toledo side of BSU game. I won LSU last night. I like OSU +3 @ Miami, TN + 9.5 and LOVE Dallas -3 @ SF

tomdalton22 said:
I took the Toledo side of BSU game. I won LSU last night. I like OSU +3 @ Miami, TN + 9.5 and LOVE Dallas -3 @ SF

Smart money's on Boise...

Start a thread with your picks tom, we'll keep track...even if you don't actually wager, give your picks just for fun.

Back