Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

USA 2 Nigeria 1 Final

Tough draw for us. If our D holds up, I think we'll be ok.

Bradley was excellent. Dempsey looked good. Altidore got some goals and generally played well. Fabian Johnson might be the best player in the squad in all honesty. Guy impresses every time I see him.

All in all a good display.

However, that center back pair looked like a clown show at the end though. Moses walked right around Gonzalez and Besler put in one of the worst attempts to challenge the ball I've ever seen then got up looking bewildered a penalty was called. Can't do that at the world cup.

Bradley was excellent. Dempsey looked good. Altidore got some goals and generally played well. Fabian Johnson might be the best player in the squad in all honesty. Guy impresses every time I see him.

All in all a good display.

However, that center back pair looked like a clown show at the end though. Moses walked right around Gonzalez and Besler put in one of the worst attempts to challenge the ball I've ever seen then got up looking bewildered a penalty was called. Can't do that at the world cup.

I agree for the most part. I thought the change in formation with Beckerman and Jones behind Bradley was a great change by Klinsmann. It allowed Bradley to roam the field, creating turnovers and leading the attack. Bradley was great and is our best player in my opinion. Dempsey played well overall, but just needs to find a way to finish more opportunities. Altidore finally ended his scoring drought, first with the tap-in, and then with the great cut-in shot from the left side of the box. I think that'll prove to be huge for his confidence in the World Cup. And I love how Fabian Johnson played. He provides a real attacking threat from right back. And I thought DaMarcus Beasley played well on the left side, much better than Chandler against Turkey.

I completely agree about the defense at the end. I liked how Besler and Cameron played for most of the game, but once Omar Gonzalez came in I felt like the communication was bad and that led to several Nigeria chances. In my opinion, no subs for our center backs should be made unless it's clear that one of them is completely gassed.

Back