Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Thread for losers who hate soccer for no reason

I don't give a shit about soccer unless it's the world cup or olympics. Sorry, but watching a ball get kicked from side to side and then all the way down the field and all the way back down the field only to have it kicked from side to side again and end the game in a 1-0 win is not my idea of a good time.

I will say that some of these players are athletic freaks and pull off some incredible moves/shots/passes and that's about the only thing that makes it exciting, however those are rare. Plus, the feeling of every goal is probably the game winner is pretty nice.

I've tried hard to watch MLS games in the last couple years, but I get about 10 minutes in and change it. Honestly, if the field was about half the size, I'd probably be more interested. 0-0 and 1-0 games are horrible to watch.

I don't hate futbal; I just don 't pay much attention to it. I guess I've watched the US women in the World Cup and Olympic finals. I think I remember watching the US Mens' team making some kind of spectacular come back to win its group or something.

That's about it.

I don't hate soccer for "no reason". I hate soccer because when I was young soccer murdered my parents as they walked home from the opera. I have since used my family fortune and my incredible martial arts skills to fight soccer while in disguise with the help of my gadgets of cutting edge technology developed by my company and my trusty manservant. Soccer will learn to fear the night. And the Knight.

Also, soccer is extremely boring.

Are you Batman?

I'd watch Rugby over Soccer, though soccer would be over the NBA.

I don't hate soccer for "no reason". I hate soccer because when I was young soccer murdered my parents as they walked home from the opera. I have since used my family fortune and my incredible martial arts skills to fight soccer while in disguise with the help of my gadgets of cutting edge technology developed by my company and my trusty manservant. Soccer will learn to fear the night. And the Knight.

Also, soccer is extremely boring.

Did you actually see that murder take place with your own eyes, right in front of you?

I don't give a shit about soccer unless it's the world cup or olympics. Sorry, but watching a ball get kicked from side to side and then all the way down the field and all the way back down the field only to have it kicked from side to side again and end the game in a 1-0 win is not my idea of a good time.

I will say that some of these players are athletic freaks and pull off some incredible moves/shots/passes and that's about the only thing that makes it exciting, however those are rare. Plus, the feeling of every goal is probably the game winner is pretty nice.

I've tried hard to watch MLS games in the last couple years, but I get about 10 minutes in and change it. Honestly, if the field was about half the size, I'd probably be more interested. 0-0 and 1-0 games are horrible to watch.

There's your problem.

MLS is really for people who will follow the sport even when the quality is not tip top. Good league, a long way from the best though. Try watching a few good EPL or Spanish League teams play each other first.

MLS is really for people who will follow the sport even when the quality is not tip top. Good league, a long way from the best though. Try watching a few good EPL or Spanish League teams play each other first.

I've tried. It's still not very exciting and it's hard to actually like a team when there isn't consistent coverage of that team. Sacramento now has a team so maybe I'll try that club.

I do love seeing pretty much all of my friends and family go crazy over the World Cup and claim they are huge soccer fans...they pay attention 1 month every 4 years and think they're experts and mega fans.

I'm not a big soccer guy at all, I casually watch the WC and know some of the top world players/league standings. I respect it and those who play and love it, I just can't really get into it.

Back