Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MoneyBall

I'll wait for it. I dont go to the movies too often honestly.

I think it will be neat, always like documentary type of things. This will give me a nice lesson on MoneyBall

Seen it last night. Had high hopes, but was kind of dissapointing. probably a b-/c+

I heard it was solid. I'm going to go see it.

I like Michael Lewis' writing, and if the movie is at least a decent adaptation of the book, it should be good.

I read the book and liked it. But I heard somebody say the movie takes some liberties even when compared to the book, let alone reality. I'd still see the movie, but likely not in the theater.

MichChamp02 said:
I heard it was solid. I'm going to go see it.

I like Michael Lewis' writing, and if the movie is at least a decent adaptation of the book, it should be good.

I loved the book as well. Much more than I liked the movie. Like one former A's player said (his name escapes me) "they put alot of hot sauce on things'.

maybe my hopes were too high?

I was pleasently surprised by the movie. A solid B+, IMO.

Beez said:
My brother said it was very good.

My wife and I watched it, I am not really a Pitt fan but it was a very good movie. She loved it as well, and she isn't a real big sports fan.

I really enjoyed this movie and I thought it was a good movie Solid 8 out of 10. Acting was good and i liked the subject... Special features on the DVD are decent.

Funny how Beane has gone full circle and rehired the head scout that was so against him in the first place in Grady Fusion.. But that 2002 season the A's put together was something else...

Back