Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hill Auditorium documentary wins Emmy

Some people were talking about this when I went to San Francisco to sing with the Glee Club.

I did a quick buzz through of the frames; Jerry Blackstone says a few words starting at 4:28. Willis Patterson talks about performing at Hill Auditorium when he was a kid growing up in Ann Arbor.

I should probably add...it's a Michigan Emmy.

Also, there's a 2nd Blackstone appearance later in the documentary. And I had forgotten the organ was from a World's Fair.

Blackstone spoke to the Glee Club alums at the 150th...he spoke of not missing the politics; and a couple of thing related to that...then he added "what I miss is that sound...that sound..."

Last edited:
Blackstone spoke to the Glee Club alums at the 150th...he spoke of not missing the politics; and a couple of thing related to that...then he added "what I miss is that sound...that sound..."

Is the focus of the stage marked?

I wonder if the audience would be creeped out to know that the good acoustics go both ways.

I don't understand this.

The focus of the parabola. There should be a sweet spot on the stage. See the 18:30 mark of the documentary (which incorrectly uses the plural term "foci".)

Last edited:
Back