Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Biblical prophecy correctly predicted the internet

Michchamp

Thessalonians, 1:23-46 "And lo, on the great western continent none of you even know exists because thou art ignorant primitives, there will come an invention to allow a widespread dissemination of information among the peoples of the world. And against this free exchange of ideas, the Word of thine Lord will pail in comparison to the mockeries of the believers, and thy number of believers in thy faith will decrease. And the non-believers will laugh out loud. Verily, I say unto thee."

the Word of thine Lord will pail in comparison to the mockeries of the believers Verily, I say unto thee.[/I]"

Beware false prophets, for theirs is the work of the devil.

Not even close, jolly joker. Might help your joke next time if you choose a bible verse that actually exists. :*)

Thessalonians, 1:23-46 "And lo, on the great western continent none of you even know exists because thou art ignorant primitives, there will come an invention to allow a widespread dissemination of information among the peoples of the world. And against this free exchange of ideas, the Word of thine Lord will pail in comparison to the mockeries of the believers, and thy number of believers in thy faith will decrease. And the non-believers will laugh out loud. Verily, I say unto thee."

Lol only a few sentences are 23 verses?

Sad thing is that you could post this on facebook as a "share if you love jesus" post and it'd spread like a virus. People would believe it. Some would mock it like kawdup, but it'd still go viral.

Here's one for you:

Job, 4:12 "There will be one among thou, who goeth by the nickname KAWDUP, and posteth on thine interwebs. The Lord speakath his name with disgust, and hath declared him to be a complete ballwasher. He shall not enter the gates of heaven, except as a janitor, responsible for emptying the heavenly toilets of their filth and excrement. Verily I say unto thee."

Nay verily - begone from my presence knave, anon.

Posting using medieval words does not make them Biblical, per se, but I can see how one might fool themselves into thinking so, if all you have to go by is the King James version of the Bible.

Keep up the fa?ade that you know anything Michcamp - at least you are comical.

Nobody saw snookie and honey boo boo coming. Even the power of a god could not see that.

What about the coming of wrestlemania, or the coming of the Brady Bunch?

Was there a prophecy that foretold that the kid who played the eldest son on the Brady Bunch would grow up to have an affair with the woman that played his mom?

Was there a prophecy that foretold that the kid who played the eldest son on the Brady Bunch would grow up to have an affair with the woman that played his mom?

There are false prophets everywhere. So, it wouldn't surprise me if you found someone to say it was so. :*)

Trick question. Greg Brady is God.

Trick question. Greg Brady is God.

Thou shall not have false gods before Me! You shall be cast into fire pits of hell for thy blasphemy.

So we don't have to go back and discuss how his statement represents something that would actually get him to hell, this was a joke to advance the general theme of the thread.

Generally loses quite a bit when I need to clarify that so the rabble doesn't question every last thing that I post as some definitive statement about God or morality.

Thou shall not have false gods before Me! You shall be cast into fire pits of hell for thy blasphemy.

So we don't have to go back and discuss how his statement represents something that would actually get him to hell, this was a joke to advance the general theme of the thread.

Generally loses quite a bit when I need to clarify that so the rabble doesn't question every last thing that I post as some definitive statement about God or morality.

True, your God is the falsest god of them all. :hehe:

Jokes aside, Thou shall not have any Gods before Greg Brady! You shall be cast in the fiery crotch of Snookie for thy blasphemy. And hath thou heardeth of the son of God whose name is Tom Brady? Born in the region of Californiahem, he spreadeth his word in the school of Michigeth. Finally, His will was done to the Lord's satisfaction with the brothers of the Patriots. The Lord's blessings be upon thee.

I can't imagine the reason why people deliberately go out of their way to mock what they do not believe. Seems a futile exercise to me.

I can't imagine the reason why people deliberately go out of their way to mock what they do not believe. Seems a futile exercise to me.

Post of the day Byco.

I know what I believe in and know that many and millions who have other beliefs/deities or none.
I never have mocked or made fun of anyone whose religious beliefs differ from mine.
Live and let live, or look obnoxious/assholish to those who are in the majority where those people piss.

Last edited:

I don't know...what about the concept that walking into a deli in Jerusalem and blowing one's self up in order to simultaneously blow up a whole bunch of Jews will result in one garnering one's self 72 virgins in Parsdise?

That' a belief I've mocked, and believe it deserves to be mocked.

Last edited:
I don't know...what about the concept that walking into a deli in Jerusalem and blowing one's self up in order to simultaneously blow up a whole bunch of Jews will result in one garnering one's self 72 virgins in Parsdise?

That' a belief I've mocked, and believe it deserves to be mocked.

Will it stop that behavior? Again ... the purpose?

Will it stop that behavior? Again ... the purpose?

Nope. And nobody is going to change anybody's religious beliefs on this board. Monster isn't going to make any believer an atheist, and no believer is going to change Monster or MichChamp (although MichChamp seems to me to be in grave danger of coming to God on his own).

So why do we even do this?

Back