Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Haslem Opts Out

zoombabyzoom

Haslem just opted out of his contract with the Heat. Could of stayed for one more year at 4.62 million.

There is no way he will make anything more than the league minimum anywhere else. This smells so fishy

He's very much a Miami guy. I have no doubt there is a little collusion there.

I think the NBA needs the Heat to disassemble. The whole idea of that team really put off so many of the longtime fans.

People have been saying all along he'll opt out and get some comfy, no-responsibility front office job. It's really dumb, and zaps the integrity of the league to a good extent.

Also, how much better would the NBA be with a formidable Eastern Conference? It's a shame the East is such trash.

You got your wish!
I guess I did lol

Few things:

1. Nice to see a star going to a small market
2. Cleveland will nab Love and have an awesome team. Kinda stacked like the Heat were, but it's different because of the circumstances of acquiring the talent
3. Houston will also be really good if they nab Bosh and keep Parsons. Like very good.
4. Poor Wade, like what is he gonna do? He just opted out of a max deal, and now on the open market he can probably get the MLE. Like yikes this guy just lost something like 35-40 million+

i personally had no problem of bringing the heat together. I just didn't like how they did it

I think it will be funny if Bosh leaves too. The funny thing is the Cavs have Miami's first round pick next year (top 10 protected) from the 2010 James trade. The Cavs will have 3 first round picks next season. Maybe they package 2 of them and a few players for Love???

Back