Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Qurater Finals shaping Up

biggunsbob

First two are set... Both Columba and Costa Rica make quarterfinals for the first time ever...
I think both Brazil and the Netherlands have layups...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Columbia
Brazil
---------------------------
Netherlands
Costa Rica
--------------------------
Germany
France
------------------------------
Argentina
Belgium

Last edited:
First two are set... Both Columba and Costa Rica make quarterfinals for the first time ever...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Columbia
Brazil
Netherlands
Costa Rica
I don't know about lay ups. But both should advance

Columbia
Brazil
Netherlands
Costa Rica

Sorry Bob, but if you think Columbia will be a layup for Brazil, then you have not watched Columbia play this World Cup yet. Columbia is one of the best attacking teams in the World Cup and has a better defense than Chile, the team that just took Brazil to penalties. James Rodriguez, the attacking midfielder for Columbia, currently leads the World Cup with 5 goals, and also has 4 assists. If I had to bet on it and I was assured that the ref wouldn't give any favorable calls to Brazil, I'd pick Columbia in this game. They've been that good so far.

In the Netherlands vs. Costa Rica game, the Netherlands will definitely be the favorite, but if Costa Rica can recover from their extra time win against Greece, they could pose a big challenge. Costa Rica has a very good team and is the best in the World Cup at drawing teams offside. But with Robben and Van Persie, the Dutch will likely win.

Last edited:
I wouldn't argue with Columbia taking out Brazil. Brazil has looked out of sorts, and Columbia has been rolling.

I don't think Costa Rica will be a match for the Dutch. 2-0 comfortable win.

that one goal from James Rodriguez was insane. You can't even defend against that... guy gets an air ball outside the box, and in two moves, traps it and launches a rocket into the net. where did this freak come from?

I have watched and Columbia has played great but I feel thier run will be over verses Brazil... Just because a team has played great up to this moment does not mean it will continue... Shame Chile did not take out Brazil.. They deserved it..

Last edited:
Well rooting for Costa Rica and Columbia .. Could care less about any of the other teams..
I can make a case of rooting for the Netherlands and Belgium over the other soccer super powers...

Last edited:
Back