Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wimbledon 2014

jwlcosu

Middle of the second week. Nadal is gone. Fed has been cruising, looking good. Maybe more than a puncher's chance. Wawrinka up next. Novak and Murray still alive on the other side. Aussie kid that beat Nadal today appears to have big game on grass. Nineteen years old! Will be interesting to see if/when the pressure gets to him.

Canadian Bouchard looks good on ladies side. Aggressive game, fiery attitude.

Will be one of the most interesting semi rounds ever today. Two of the lions, Federer and Djokovic, being challenged by a couple of cubs.

Grigor Dimitrov is a Bulgarian that many/most have never heard of. Has classic strokes, plays in the style of Federer and has been called Baby Fed. Really beautiful game. He'll be playing Djokovic.

Milos Raonic is a Canadian who now owns the biggest serve in the game. When on, he is overpowering. Today, he'll attempt to overpower Roger.

If you have a chance to watch, this will be entertaining tennis.

Last edited:
I'm going to suppose that Federer will advance and take on Djokovic.

Kind of a yawner.

The French Open final we just saw was pretty classic; two players each chasing history.

I guess Federer will be chasing history if he advances to the final here.

So maybe not so much of a yawner as I initially thought.

Djokovic match had it's moments. Federer match did turn out to be kind of a yawner. They're called lions for a reason, I guess. Young guys will have to wait

I turned on the women's final expecting to watch it; but I don't know, I don't really know much about either of them, and it just wasn't doin' it for me.

At least Federer isn't crying anymore like he used to do when Rafa started consistently beating him...

Back