Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best Actors/Actresses in Hollywood

Michchamp

Just thinking about all those bad actors & actresses in the other thread is giving me a headache.

I'd rather discuss positive things. Who are the best actors/actresses in Hollywood. I guess... it should only be living actors/actresses, and maybe also those recently (like in the last 10 years) deceased.

- Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman... basically everyone from The Big Lebowski, except for Tara Reid.
- Gene Hackman
- Robert Duvall
- Pacino

- Charlize Theron
- Kate Winslet

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it only Hollywood?

Daniel Day Lewis is probably the one of the best actors ever.

Is it only Hollywood?

Daniel Day Lewis is probably the one of the best actors ever.

that's a good question.

I think FWIW "Hollywood" is synonymous with "all movies" so yeah, he should be included, but I'd defer to Tinsel on that because of his proximity to Hollywood (both literal proximity and industry-related).\

Lewis is definitely pretty amazing. What other actor would make the effort to study and create an authentic "late 19th century American accent" just for a movie? Definitely not any Scientologists.

Two great actors were both in a movie I watched recently; The Monuments Men.

Those actors would be Bill Murry and John Goodman.

Goodman has had and done some great roles; O Brother Where Art Thou, The Big Lebowski, Argo, Raising Arizona, And the Monuments Men. Plus a lot of animated stuff.

Bill Murray should be obvious.

I ran into Tara on the street a little bit ago; or more exactly, we happened to be walking into a Sporting Goods store at the same time.

I would have told her that the director of Sharknado used to be my next door neighbor; but he had just fired her for Sharknado 2.

Denzel Washington should be on the list. Pacino...not in my opinion. He shouted his way through a lot of roles for a spell.

John Goodman, lmao.

If you like the movie fine but John Goodman..lol.

John Goodman, lmao.

If you like the movie fine but John Goodman..lol.

What does liking a movie have to do with ones acting skills? Seriously, look at some of the roles he has done, and tell me that while he was doing them you ever thought once; "hey that's Rosanne's husband from tv".

liam Neeson, Samuel L Jackson, anthony hopkins, clint eastwood, Justin Timberlake has been in a few good ones too. Anne Hathaway,

What does liking a movie have to do with ones acting skills? Seriously, look at some of the roles he has done, and tell me that while he was doing them you ever thought once; "hey that's Rosanne's husband from tv".

Blue Brothers 2..King Ralph..the Flintstones..

Granted bad movies but he sucked in those .. he was Rosanne's husband.

Robert Duvall is my choice. Ed Harris is an under rated actor.

I didn't know dead guys were off limits..Gene Hackman then.

Well the thread title was best actors/actresses in hollywood. So I would assume he meant ones currently making movies.

Otherwise the thread would be full of manes like Brando, Edward G. Robinson, Errol Flynn, Humphry Bogart, Gregory Peck, Jack Lemmon/Walter Matthau, etc.

Well the thread title was best actors/actresses in hollywood. So I would assume he meant ones currently making movies.

Otherwise the thread would be full of manes like Brando, Edward G. Robinson, Errol Flynn, Humphry Bogart, Gregory Peck, Jack Lemmon/Walter Matthau, etc.

You'd think but when I see lists elsewhere..favorite sports movies for example, you see people voting for Angels in the Outfield or a dog playing basketball. Or people say American Pie was the "best movie ever." :hehe:

Paul Giamatti
Dustin Hoffman
Bryan Cranston

Last edited:
Back