Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Germany 7 - Brazil 1

Michchamp

Well... So much for the Selecao. What an embarrassment. I don't know how much of a difference Neymar could've made

Didn't brazil have another goal scorer out?

Their problem all along was going to be their defense. It was just a matter of time before they played a team with a strong enough mid field to control the game.

Neymar (nor any other striker) wouldn't have made any difference because Brazil couldn't even advance it that far consistently.

When Brazil lost the 1998 World Cup Final 3-0 to France, its top players and officials were called to give evidence before a special parliamentary hearing and asked to explain why they had lost. The news says it is quiet in Brazil tonight. No riots in a nation that has seen several WC related protests. As I finish watching WC coverage for the evening it is hard not to feel for the players of Brazil, and also wonder what the repercussions of the historic loss will be.

I've been cheering for Germany as well since the US was eliminated.

hope they win it all

I think it's hard to be upset when you get smashed that bad. If it was 2-1, and they lost on some fluky call or PKs, the mindset would be very different.

Their problem all along was going to be their defense. It was just a matter of time before they played a team with a strong enough mid field to control the game.

Neymar (nor any other striker) wouldn't have made any difference because Brazil couldn't even advance it that far consistently.

Well the Brazilians do have the best defender in the world....who happened to not be playing in that match.

This game was more of a fluke than anything but it was always going to be tougher with Scolari's odd reliance on players like Gustavo, Hulk and Fred given his wealth of other options.

Back