Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rest in Peace, James Garner

Michchamp

link. he was 86, died of natural causes at home.

I became a pretty big fan of the Rockford Files later in life... had no cable for a summer when I was a broke student, and watching a rerun of the Rockford Files on some local TV station after my morning workout became part of my routine. (goddamn I used to have a lot of free time on my hands...)

he was also pretty awesome in The Great Escape. forgot about that one.

No matter what I saw him in he was always Bret Maverick to me. (except for the terrible Mel Gibson movie)

Though I enjoyed him as Jim Rockford too, also Space Cowboys was okay.

No matter what I saw him in he was always Bret Maverick to me. (except for the terrible Mel Gibson movie)

Him... curious what Byco's views on that one are...

On one hand, Jodie Fisher was also in it, so he may agree with you... on the other hand... MEL GIBSON!

I met him once and he was the nicest guy (Texas / OK football game). Very down to earth. Just a regular Joe.

Last edited:
I love Rockford...still watch it when I run on the treadmill...sad to hear the news.

Back