Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

T2: Marketing Spoiler

Gulo Blue

http://thedissolve.com/features/movie-of-the-week/670-terminator-2-and-the-worlds-biggest-spoiler/

The quick summary of this article is: James Cameron obviously took steps to make the T-800 appear to be the bad guy and the T-1000 appear to be the good guy (and a human) for the first half hour of the movie. The marketing gave the plot surprise away.

That sucks. Pretty sure I never experienced that movie as intended.

Yeah ya did.

You paid the admission right?

That was what the movie was intended for.

Thanks. I feel better now.

I posted "Yeah ya did" in Ray Donovan's voice; obviously Lev Schreiber as Ray Donovan.

I was inspired by a Time Warner Cable commercial that's currently running where Ray Donovan is in some guy's house and he asks the guy "are you expecting anybody" and the guy answers "the cable company is coming" and Ray says "Good we got all day..." and right then the cable guy comes.

So the pitchman voice over comes on and the commercial ends with the cable guy saying "I have to test the signal and Ray answers "No ya don't."

Ah hell here it right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlNGxc7r25o

I hope my prose synopsis didn't spoil the clip for you.

that's a pretty cool story.

I had never seen any of the Terminator movies; I recently just watched the original in full for the first time... I was inspired by the South Park episode about James Cameron.

that's a pretty cool story.

I had never seen any of the Terminator movies; I recently just watched the original in full for the first time... I was inspired by the South Park episode about James Cameron.

Well, crap.

Yeah ya did.

You paid the admission right?

That was what the movie was intended for.

It?s one of the dumbest marketing missteps of all time?at least in terms of audience experience.

In terms of actually selling the movie, though, it certainly got butts in seats, to the tune of more than $500 million in box office worldwide, in 1991 dollars.

I posted "Yeah ya did" in Ray Donovan's voice; obviously Lev Schreiber as Ray Donovan.

I was inspired by a Time Warner Cable commercial that's currently running where Ray Donovan is in some guy's house and he asks the guy "are you expecting anybody" and the guy answers "the cable company is coming" and Ray says "Good we got all day..." and right then the cable guy comes.

So the pitchman voice over comes on and the commercial ends with the cable guy saying "I have to test the signal and Ray answers "No ya don't."

Ah hell here it right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlNGxc7r25o

I hope my prose synopsis didn't spoil the clip for you.

I'm going to give that show a shot just from that Youtube clip. Well done.

Back