Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Breaking News: All Atheist TV Network launches this month

The worst kind of Atheists are the ones that preach as much as religious people.

Putting them on TV would be just as bad at the 700 Club, or Jimmy Swaggert.

[QUOTE=michchamp;469851

It's a streaming only service though... and I don't have roku. :no:

I have a ROKU2 box w/composite (red/white/yellow) HDMI. and USB connectors, and the power cord/remote that I purchased ~a year and a half ago, but only connected it once. I likely have the original packaging and manual, but not sure where they are. The setup is pretty simple though.

I won't just give it away, and you would need to pay for shipping. If you are interested, I will sell it cheaply for half of what I paid for it. PM me if so.

I like the idea, but as thumb said, i don't want to hear preaching. Give us news that is seen through atheist eyes, stories that actually affect us that mainstream media doesn't talk about.

I like the idea, but as thumb said, i don't want to hear preaching. Give us news that is seen through atheist eyes, stories that actually affect us that mainstream media doesn't talk about.

Disassociated Press - July 25, 2014 - The second coming of Christ once again did NOT occur yesterday, giving additional credibility to the opinion of people who have always believed that it never will...

You mean like this?

News a lot more boring through atheist eyes... that piece of toast Jesus is appearing in is just a piece of toast.

I have no idea what the quality of the programming will be, but I see no reason to presume this will be as bad as the 700 Club, or Joel Osteen or some crap like that. Science, comedy, & educational programming can't be that bad, unless they're pursuing a racist agenda (which would not be merely mocking religions, unless they really single out marginal religions) or using bad science. I don't know what to expect from the "firebrand speeches" part of the description though.

News a lot more boring through atheist eyes... that piece of toast Jesus is appearing in is just a piece of toast.

I have no idea what the quality of the programming will be, but I see no reason to presume this will be as bad as the 700 Club, or Joel Osteen or some crap like that. Science, comedy, & educational programming can't be that bad, unless they're pursuing a racist agenda (which would not be merely mocking religions, unless they really single out marginal religions) or using bad science. I don't know what to expect from the "firebrand speeches" part of the description though.

It might not start out like atheist 700 Club, but it will likely end up there. That's not a comment about atheism, it's just difficult to avoid. Reddit has r/trueatheism because r/atheism is too much about lowbrow religion mocking. One thread has 38 times the number of followers of the other. Which one do you think they'll choose as their target market? But you never know. If these guys have the funding and they're not looking to make money...maybe they're true believers.

Do y'all really think science shows cater so much to religions that alternatives are needed. I wouldn't say it never happens, but I think it's the exception and not the rule. There have been some deity-friendly language in Through the Wormhole, but it's balanced. But that's the exception, generally it's a non-issue.

Do y'all really think science shows cater so much to religions that alternatives are needed. ...

no, not the shows themselves. I think the networks cater to religions by not featuring more science programming.

If an atheist network can bring us more of that, sweet.

Well, not having an ass hat like wolf blitzer pestering a woman to say she thanks god for not being killed by a tornado would be a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9iUohE7z8s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Well, not having an ass hat like wolf blitzer pestering a woman to say she thanks god for not being killed by a tornado would be a start.

I think I remember seeing that when it happened live; it was pretty amusing.

EDIT:

Maybe Wolfe was just stereotyping her because she lives in Oklahoma, so he assumed she would be one of them all into the Lord, and such.

Ya gotta hand it to that atheist woman; in the face of grave peril, she stood staunchly by her lack of faith, never wavering.

I woulda been all "Lord, you know I'm not really convinced you're up there, but if ya are...I could really use some fuckin' help just about now!!!"

Last edited:
Can't be worse than the Sarah Palin channel. No, I didn't just make that up.

Can't be worse than the Sarah Palin channel. No, I didn't just make that up.

I saw that. I wish it was free. The more she opens her mouth, the more damage she does to her cause. "Her STUPID, STUPID cause " as Lewis black would say.

I thought there already was one, HBO.

one sidenote, Rupert Murdoch is looking to take over Time Warner to get HBO. you can kiss that liberal programming goodbye

I thought there already was one, HBO.

one sidenote, Rupert Murdoch is looking to take over Time Warner to get HBO. you can kiss that liberal programming goodbye

Just don't mess with my GoT.

Well, not having an ass hat like wolf blitzer pestering a woman to say she thanks god for not being killed by a tornado would be a start. ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9iUohE7z8s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

on a slightly-related note, I was reading an article a while back, when the retired generals as paid commentator scandal came to light, about how in the 1950's and 1960's, the income divide between TV journalists like Edward R. Murrow, for example, and the general public was not very great, and so while you could find outliers in the media, the personal interests of most TV journalists aligned with the interests of the general public.

These days, the Brian Williamses and Wolf Blitzers of the world are pretty much upper class themselves, and it's evident from the tone-deaf way they approach talking to normal people.

Last edited by a moderator:
on a slightly-related note, I was reading an article a while back, when the retired generals as paid commentator scandal came to light, about how in the 1950's and 1960's, the income divide between TV journalists like Edward R. Murrow, for example, and the general public was not very great, and so while you could find outliers in the media, the personal interests of most TV journalists aligned with the interests of the general public.

These days, the Brian Williamses and Wolf Blitzers of the world are pretty much upper class themselves, and it's evident from the tone-deaf way they approach talking to normal people.

Related to your related note is the fact that at the start of Bo's Michigan career, the scholarships he was offering players could get them a degree that would likely lead to a job that paid better than the head coach at Michigan position.

Related to your related note is the fact that at the start of Bo's Michigan career, the scholarships he was offering players could get them a degree that would likely lead to a job that paid better than the head coach at Michigan position.
Oh now, they still can.

look at the commie complaining. Last time I checked this country was still a meritocracy. get a BBA or a BS in economics, go work on Wall Street, bundle high-risk mortgages into securities that are fraudulently rated AAA and sell them - over-and-over again - to the pension funds and large, stupid investors who trust the rating agencies to do their jobs. Collect your $60 million dollar bonus in January. Congratulations, you're paid better than the head coach at Michigan.

Back