Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cheli gets honored

You know, I hated the man when he was in Chicago, but like you said, he's a redwing to me.

Haven't been a big Hockey fan in a few years but I'm a big Cheli fan, even while in Chicago.

Not sure if anyone wore their chin strap as loose as old Cheli did. I loved when he, Shanny and Yzerman all seemed to wear gear from their early playing days; shoulder pads so small that it looked like they were not wearing any. I miss seeing Cheli's ugly mug.

chelios-chris-cp-060112.jpg

chelios-realx.jpg

I remember when they made a rule: Helmets must be worn. But they grandfathered it in and there was like 5 guys around the league without a helmet. I think one or two were Wings but don't remember.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I remember when they made a rule: Helmets must be worn. But they grandfathered it in and there was like 5 guys around the league without a helmet. I think one or two were Wings but don't remember.

I think the last Wing was Mike O'Connell. He was on the team when I first got into hockey.

Took me quite awhile to get used to seeing Chelios in a Red Wings uniform, and I finally got to see the You Tube video when he said that he would never become a member of the Red Wings team...heh!!

But now, of course, its harder to remember when he was a Blackhawk.

Back