Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

David Pauly

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
He is only 28. Devils advocate like to point out his career ERA. But his first two years he only pitched around 30 innings or less combined. So basically this is just his second year. Learning how to pitch I guess.

So I think he could help Detroit for some time.

and he and Fister are under team control for a few years, so we didn't just pay for a 2 month rental, which I think needs to be taken into consideration when evaluating this trade.

Yeah, not sure why others are saying Detroit got robbed when the prospects haven't done a thing yet.

I know, some people just have to complain about everything, and I'm sure some people are still unhappy about the washburn trade with seattle, and maybe see it happening again, even though fister is already the better pitcher

I like his walk ratio, doesn't give up the home run and if you look at his last 10 games he's pitched well in all of them. Most against good teams. Didn't win any though:) .

I was scared of a Jiminez deal. I know his road numbers but NL to AL, now that scares me.

I'll be the first to admit that I know very little about the farm system outside of the big prospects, so trades with our prospects usually mean little to me. But Fister was pretty good last year too, so I don't expect a huge dropoff from him. if he can keep that ERA in the mid 3's, we'll be good.

His splits aren't bad either, 3.71 road ERA, and his home ERA shouldn't be too much different going to another pitcher's park in comerica. And I was iffy on Jiminez too, and am really, really happy we didn't pull the trigger, especially after seeing how Turner pitched the other day, and with how Rick pitched in July

Oh yeah they wanted Turner, Porcello and Boesch. Wow.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]He is only 28. Devils advocate like to point out his career ERA. But his first two years he only pitched around 30 innings or less combined. So basically this is just his second year. Learning how to pitch I guess.

So I think he could help Detroit for some time.

Plus he was just recently turned into a reliever. He was strictly a starting pitcher throughout his minor league career and only relieved in a handful of games last season.

Yeah, his splits between SP and RP are ridiculous, but you can just compare this year to everything prior to get an idea.

His K rate is up from 5 to 6 per 9. Hopefully that trend continues.

Did you just change your name to George's fake name :)

Back