Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Favorite Songs

I Know a Little..Lynyrd Skynyrd

That would be the original band..with the original players.

I'm sorry but Peter Cetera and that other dude? Maybe if you're with your women.

I'm a 90's kid, so most of my music revolves around artists like B.I.G., DMX, tupac, Korn, Limp Bizkit (before they totally sold out), linkin park, metallica, Chevelle, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Taproot, Silverchair, etc.

I've got about 1,500 songs on my phone at the moment and about 90% of them are 90's or early 2000's. Found a few new bands that I like. "We came as Romans" and "Bring me the Horizon". Not nearly as good as the older stuff, but I'm guessing 80's kids said the same thing about 90's music.

And to point out the obvious, I'm listing off a ton of music because I don't really have a lot of "favorite songs". Really just a lot of music that I like.

I'm a 90's kid, so most of my music revolves around artists like B.I.G., DMX, tupac, Korn, Limp Bizkit (before they totally sold out), linkin park, metallica, Chevelle, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Taproot, Silverchair, etc.

I've got about 1,500 songs on my phone at the moment and about 90% of them are 90's or early 2000's. Found a few new bands that I like. "We came as Romans" and "Bring me the Horizon". Not nearly as good as the older stuff, but I'm guessing 80's kids said the same thing about 90's music.

And to point out the obvious, I'm listing off a ton of music because I don't really have a lot of "favorite songs". Really just a lot of music that I like.

I like some of Nirvana. Though the 90's music not so much. I don't even like Aerosmith in the 90's. Some how I didn't realize you were so young..I thought in your mid 40's..:cheers:

Last edited:
I like some of Nirvana. Though the 90's music not so much. I don't even like Aerosmith in the 90's. Some how I didn't realize you were so young..I thought in your mid 40's..:cheers:

31, buddy. I prefer older Aerosmith, too. Not a fan of what they became.

Also a 90's kid. Went to a Counting Crows/Toad the Wet Sprocket concert recently. Just looking at the crowd was kind of funny. Coulda been my highschool reunion. Everyone was the same age.

I'm also a 90's kid, but a lot of my favorite songs are from other decades.

from the 90's, I'd say "Heart Shaped Box" "Pepper" by the Butthole Surfers... maybe a couple tracks from the first Dr. Dre and Snoop albums, and "Protect Ya Neck" by Wu Tang. Also "Paranoid Android" by Radiohead

I'm all over the place too, I like a lot of newer indie stuff, there's a lot of great music being put out right now. as for bands, I like Arcade Fire, Radiohead, MGMT, Beach House, Passion Pit. I get a lot of that stuff from XMU, great station. as for hip hop, newer music is just terrible for the most part, still like Jay-Z and whatever he puts out, I like old school stuff like EPMD, Publi Enemy, BIG (Ready to Die, not Life after death), Big daddy kane, etc.

as strange as it is, i've recently gone through a little white trash music phase, listening to a decent amount of Billy Squier and GNR

I detest country for a multitude of reasons

Last edited:
I'm also a 90's kid, but a lot of my favorite songs are from other decades.

from the 90's, I'd say "Heart Shaped Box" "Pepper" by the Butthole Surfers... maybe a couple tracks from the first Dr. Dre and Snoop albums, and "Protect Ya Neck" by Wu Tang. Also "Paranoid Android" by Radiohead

ah, a wu tang fan, I think you might appreciate that I named my cat ODB

I'm all over the place too, I like a lot of newer indie stuff, there's a lot of great music being put out right now. as for bands, I like Arcade Fire, Radiohead, MGMT, Beach House, Passion Pit. I get a lot of that stuff from XMU, great station. as for hip hop, newer music is just terrible for the most part, still like Jay-Z and whatever he puts out, I like old school stuff like EPMD, Publi Enemy, BIG (Ready to Die, not Life after death), Big daddy kane, etc.

as strange as it is, i've recently gone through a little white trash music phase, listening to a decent amount of Billy Squier and GNR

I detest country for a multitude of reasons

You are so right about rap today. It's complete garbage. I've tried so hard to like it, but it's just not the same as it used to be. Lil Wayne...I do like some of his stuff, but for the most part, he sounds like he's half asleep when he's rapping. I hate this self glorification shit that is going on. It's really fucking annoying. Probably the worst rapper alive, IMO, is 2 chainz. He makes me want to start another east coast/west coast war.

You are so right about rap today. It's complete garbage. I've tried so hard to like it, but it's just not the same as it used to be. Lil Wayne...I do like some of his stuff, but for the most part, he sounds like he's half asleep when he's rapping. I hate this self glorification shit that is going on. It's really fucking annoying. Probably the worst rapper alive, IMO, is 2 chainz. He makes me want to start another east coast/west coast war.

all that new shit is pretty much the same, Jay-Z is a different breed, lots of depth and great references. right now a lot of the popular stuff is all about jewelry, weed, strippers, money, etc, just boring and repetitive. original rap started out as street poetry, like grand master flash and the furious 5, BDP, etc. it was refined for a while and then just turned awful.

if you ever want to kill some time, check out rapgenius.com, lots of explanation of lyrics and references

all that new shit is pretty much the same, Jay-Z is a different breed, lots of depth and great references. right now a lot of the popular stuff is all about jewelry, weed, strippers, money, etc, just boring and repetitive. original rap started out as street poetry, like grand master flash and the furious 5, BDP, etc. it was refined for a while and then just turned awful.

if you ever want to kill some time, check out rapgenius.com, lots of explanation of lyrics and references

Will do.

This song....ugh....

"I'm different, yeah I'm different" - uhh noo, you're recycled garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2QKlmMT8II

uploadfromtaptalk1408553604527.jpg

I'll listen to Country, which I like a little, over rap..of any area. That stuff has never been good, maybe Ice Ice Baby :yay:

Back