Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fancy

Sbee

So I heard this song at a wedding a month or two ago, there were a lot of younger people singing along to every word (I don't think these people were subscribers of The Atlantic). I heard it again a few weeks later and I thought it was a parody of horrible pop culture, kind of like Lorde does. I was recently disappointed to realize that it seems like the lyrics glorify instead of mock as I had hoped.

It's a caricature of all things awful

I take it you're not referring to the song Reba made popular in the 90's.

Is the group who recorded it British?

British like that word, "fancy..."

as does my 3 year old who refers to the dining room at our country club as "the fancy restaurant." no idea who told him that but I guess they pick things up early

I pretty much dislike most bands, groups, singers and their music who formed or that was/were created after 1997. Not everything is awful, but when watching for examples, the Today-Tonight shows or SNL, I haven't heard much from the featured musical "artists" that I would really want to listen to again or hear more of their songs.

I won't criticize the Milllenials musical tastes, b/c I had ~4 decades of my contemporaries' music to enjoy in my more youthful years of the second half of the 20th century.

BUT....I don't believe that very much of the music that has been/is being made post-turn of the 21st century will be able to withstand the test of time passing anywhere near as well as what was composed throughout the 20th.

Back