Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jehovah's Bystanders Who Weren't Paying Attention

Michchamp

Have you heard of these guys? They're like Jehovah's Witnesses, except after they deliver their schtick and hand out their literature, they freely admit that they have no first hand knowledge as to whether the tenets of their religion are true or not, that they didn't "witness" anything, and so you should take everything they just said with a grain of salt. Then they tell you that you can still join them if you still want to.

Pretty decent if you ask me.

Have you heard of these guys? They're like Jehovah's Witnesses, except after they deliver their schtick and hand out their literature, they freely admit that they have no first hand knowledge as to whether the tenets of their religion are true or not, that they didn't "witness" anything, and so you should take everything they just said with a grain of salt. Then they tell you that you can still join them if you still want to.

Pretty decent if you ask me.

I think I still would pass.

Will there be punch and cookies afterwards?

yeah, they usually have something to eat & drink, and even something to get you intoxicated. since they weren't paying attention, they have no idea what food/drink Jehovah prohibited (if anything), so there are no restrictions on what you can or can't consume. they use common sense though, and stay away from foods with excessive amounts of sugar, or fat, or that carry a risk of illness (like raw meat). they figure Jehovah would've wanted it that way.

But what about BACON???

I mean it's pretty clear from his book that this Jehovah guy does not want us to eat porcine meat products, or lobster and shrimp either, even though many of his followers don't think that rules matters, while telling everyone else what they are going to hell for.

I might have to give these people a ring, see if we can have a bbq or something.

Back