Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FSU in trouble now

The real bad part is that you know this kind of shit is happening at every major football school in the country. Nobody gives a damn about criminal behavior at these schools, only the dollars these players bring in.

Jameis Winston is going to get picked really high by some team that thinks he's the solution to all their problems. Two years and three suspensions later, he'll be out of the league and we'll see a 30 for 30 about how shitty of a human being he is and how his FSU coaches protected him and local police were on the FSU payroll.

Jameis Winston is going to get picked really high by some team that thinks he's the solution to all their problems. Two years and three suspensions later, he'll be out of the league and we'll see a 30 for 30 about how shitty of a human being he is and how his FSU coaches protected him and local police were on the FSU payroll.

"What if I told you that the campus police and coaches couldn't cover up every incident? 30 for 30 presents 'Jameis: The Downfall' presented by Joe's Crab Shack."

The real bad part is that you know this kind of shit is happening at every major football school in the country. Nobody gives a damn about criminal behavior at these schools, only the dollars these players bring in.

I understand that there are privilages bestowed upon athletes but to say that every school in the country is complicit in covering up rape allegations is a bit much.

I understand that there are privilages bestowed upon athletes but to say that every school in the country is complicit in covering up rape allegations is a bit much.

Did you read this recent comment from Barry Switzer?

We can only hope that most coaches in the country would at least draw the line at some sort of extremely violent or depraved conduct and wouldn't cover up for that at least, but I doubt it. I don't think there are very high moral standards among coaches in the Deep South (including all of TX), or some other notable football mills (State Penn, ohio, Oregon, USC, Oklahoma & Nebraska.)

you also figure that the bigger the program & smaller/poorer the town, and therefore more dependent on the program, the more likely the players are running amok there with little negative publicity or consequence. and if you hear nothing bad about a program, figure the head coach and chief of police, or sheriff are golf buddies.

I know I'm biased, but you don't see the Ann Arbor PD seeming to extent UM that sort of courtesy. whenever one of our players does something dumb, there's video on the internet (C'sonte York), or in the case of Josh Furman, the DA pushed for a criminal trial over something stupid.

Did you read this recent comment from Barry Switzer?

We can only hope that most coaches in the country would at least draw the line at some sort of extremely violent or depraved conduct and wouldn't cover up for that at least, but I doubt it. I don't think there are very high moral standards among coaches in the Deep South (including all of TX), or some other notable football mills (State Penn, ohio, Oregon, USC, Oklahoma & Nebraska.)

you also figure that the bigger the program & smaller/poorer the town, and therefore more dependent on the program, the more likely the players are running amok there with little negative publicity or consequence. and if you hear nothing bad about a program, figure the head coach and chief of police, or sheriff are golf buddies.

I know I'm biased, but you don't see the Ann Arbor PD seeming to extent UM that sort of courtesy. whenever one of our players does something dumb, there's video on the internet (C'sonte York), or in the case of Josh Furman, the DA pushed for a criminal trial over something stupid.

Switzer was just being honest, i guess it was a different era. Hopefully he'd at least suspend the player.

As far as UM, you guys do live in a glass house when your coach says a player is dealing with a family issue when he's kicked out of the univesity for violating the student poicy for sexual conduct. There really isn't any defense for that.

I can't believe that they haven't suspended Winston yet. 2000 autographs all authenticated by the same place. First he "raped" someone and that got brushed under the rug. Then he stole some crab legs and got "suspended" from the baseball team. Now this!

Back