Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brain and the Boz

I kept seeing that comcast commercial, wondering who the heck he was.

his playing years were a little before my college football watching days began.

Like most all of the 30 for 30s it was really good. It was well before my time but I would have hated Bosworth, seems like he was the Manziel of the 80s, only on defense (and roids).

Like most all of the 30 for 30s it was really good. It was well before my time but I would have hated Bosworth, seems like he was the Manziel of the 80s, only on defense (and roids).

Much bigger than Manziel. He was such a good player though honestly didn't know much about Steroids at that time or if I did I'd probably hate him. Crashed and burned pretty quick in the NFL.. Though his commercials and movies I get a kick out of..

Much bigger than Manziel. He was such a good player though honestly didn't know much about Steroids at that time or if I did I'd probably hate him. Crashed and burned pretty quick in the NFL.. Though his commercials and movies I get a kick out of..

there were a bunch of notable busts in the 80's. I guess the NFL had tougher doping tests than the NCAA did. if I remember correctly, a bunch of the '87 Spartans admitted they were juicing later on.

there were a bunch of notable busts in the 80's. I guess the NFL had tougher doping tests than the NCAA did. if I remember correctly, a bunch of the '87 Spartans admitted they were juicing later on.

Tony Mandarich.. picked ahead of Barry. He's the one from State who was the biggest at the time.

Though he did come back after the first failure and played decent for the Colts for 3 years.

Last edited:
I bought the book, The Boz in HS and his time at OU was smack in the middle of my Junior High yrs. He was definitely public enemy #1 ...but like the 30/30 piece shows, an incredibly good player whose motor never stopped. I remember watching the Orange Bowl with the N.C.A.A. shirt they recapped as well as the beatdown of Penn State.

I also watched the MNF game where Bo ran him over on the way into the endzone. I think my older step brother cut his hair like The Boz when he played HS DE from about '86-'88

I think Switzer was more hated than Bosworth was then

Last edited:
I hated Switzer way more Then Brian...I remember those times well... His shoulders we torched by the time he was drafted by the Seahawks.. great college linebacker...I wonder how many games he was on the juice? The show went it to it but blamed it on a injury so I just don't know.. He seemed very sorry about some of the things he did...

I wish they would do a 30 for 30 about the 1950's Lions... That was a good team no one every talks about...

Back