Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jamaal Charles tears ACL

tbone413

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Adam Schefter
Big blow to KC: Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles tore his ACL and is out for the year, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Man that sucks..the Chiefs are getting wiped out by Injuries this year

I feel kind of guilty. Not only were my Lions playing Charles, I was also playing against in him in FF. I was happy when I heard he wasn't coming back, but I wish it wasn't this serious. I really like the kid as a player.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Beez said:
Good "Luck" in KC next year Andrew.

Why would they draft Luck? They have a ton of money in Cassell.

So... Money is a guy doesnt stop you from drafting someone better. Ask San Diego. If you think there is a franchise qb and that you dont have one..you go get it and try to offload your guy.

Beez said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Why would they draft Luck? They have a ton of money in Cassell.

So... Money is a guy doesnt stop you from drafting someone better. Ask San Diego. If you think there is a franchise qb and that you dont have one..you go get it and try to offload your guy.

Well they think Cassel is their guy so Luck makes no sense. Maybe draft a guy so you won't give up 40+ points each week.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Beez said:

Well they think Cassel is their guy so Luck makes no sense. Maybe draft a guy so you won't give up 40+ points each week.

Why? As long as you have a QB that comes through in the clutch it doesn't matter what your defense does. Or so I've heard...

But just because KC thought Cassel was their guy two years ago when they signed him, that doesn't mean they'd pass on Luck. That said, they would probably have some pretty enticing trade offers if they were in the #1 spot.

You're right, it doesn't matter. If the QB can get 49 points on the scoreboard. Trade sure, but they're not drafting Luck. I also don't see them being the worst team. They can run with or without Charles.

You're being pretty shortsighted if you think there's no chance they'd draft Luck. Depending on what the rookie wage scale is (i haven't been following, have they released that to the public?) it's very possible they could actually save money by cutting Cassel and drafting Luck, not to mention the bonus of replacing a 29 year old QB who has pretty much zero star potential with a 22 year old who is one of the best QB prospects in the last decade.

He's already got his money. So yeah they could release him, its possible - happy :) I just don't think they will.

Right... who's to say they won't pull the plug on 180 ypg Matt Cassel to draft the #1 QB prospect IF they're given the chance? Hell the Panthers drafted Clausen n then picked up Newton the following year.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Clausen is a joke.

They sure didn't think so when they drafted him. Same way The Chiefs probably thought Cassel was a top qb in the making when they got him....

Pioli won't have a choice if Luck is sitting there. At the most I could see them trading back n taking a rb or something now that Charles has torn an ACL. I'd say Luck owuld be the pick if Cassel lead them to the worst record in football though.

Well they werent giving up 40 a game last year and are banged up this year. Can't see them taking a defensive player over Luck unless its some sort of can't miss guy like Suh.

Long college season you never know. I just don't think Pioli will admit Cassel blows.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Long college season you never know. I just don't think Pioli will admit Cassel blows.

Right Luck could suck ass the rest of the season or get hurt..I'm just saying if he's still the number 1 pick I don't think they pass...or at least I don't think it's completely absurd to think theyd take him.

sorry dude...Pioli doesn't roll that way with QBs , he likes to take flyers on late round guys and try and develop them...did it in NE and continues to do it in KC

see Ricky Stanzi 5th round pick 2011.

He likes to deal picks for more picks...if KC got the #1 somehow he'd trade down.

Back