Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

HS Semifinal Final scores

biggunsbob

One game Friday in D8 and the 8 man championship final scores...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D1
Semifinals
SF1: East Kentwood (11-1) 97.333 vs. Clarkston (12-0) 117.333 - S 1:00 PM at Brighton HS
SF2: Saline (11-1) 95.381 vs. Detroit Cass Tech (12-0) 114.667 - S 1:00 PM at Troy Athens HS

Clarkston 35 East Kentwood 13 Final.
Saline 35 Cass Tech 15 Final.
=========================================================
D2
SF1: Muskegon Mona Shores (11-1) 104.667 vs. Farmington Hills Harrison (10-2) 87.778 - S 1:00 PM at Howell HS
SF2: Southfield (9-3) 74.111 vs. Warren DeLaSalle (9-3) 66.889 - S 1:00 PM at Novi HS

Muskegon Mona Shores 25 Farmington Hills Harrison 24 Final.
Warren DeLaSalle 31 Southfield 7 Final

D3
SF1: Muskegon (11-1) 98.556 vs. Zeeland West (12-0) 98.667 - S 1:00 PM at Rockford HS
SF2: Orchard Lake St Mary's (10-2) 80.000 vs. New Boston Huron (11-1) 83.444 - S 1:00 PM at Dearborn HS

Orchard Lake St Mary's 51 New Boston Huron 3 Final.
Muskegon 20 Zeeland West 0 Final.
D4
SF1: Grand Rapids South Christian (10-2) 75.778 vs. Edwardsburg (11-1) 86.889 - S 1:00 PM at Vicksburg HS
SF2: Lansing Sexton (12-0) 112.000 vs. Detroit Country Day (8-4) 53.556 - S 1:00 PM at Fenton HS

Grand Rapids South Christian 50 Edwardsburg 48 Final
Lansing Sexton 28 DCC 14 Final.
========================================================
D5
SF1: Menominee (12-0) 99.889 vs. Grand Rapids West Catholic (12-0) 94.222 - S 11:00 AM at Marquette Superior Dome
SF2: Lansing Catholic (12-0) 98.667 vs. Almont (12-0) 88.889 - S 1:00 PM at Ortonville Brandon HS

LCC 21 Almont 14 Final.
GRWC 42 Menominee 24 Final
D6
SF1: Boyne City (12-0) 83.000 vs. Ithaca (12-0) 88.889 - S 2:00 PM at Midland HS
SF2: Grand Rapids NorthPointe Christian (11-1) 79.000 vs. Monroe St Mary Catholic Central (11-1) 91.556 - S 1:00 PM
at Battle Creek Harper Creek HS

Ithaca 20 Boyne City 16 Final.
Monroe St Mary Catholic Central 28 Grand Rapids NorthPointe Christian 0 Final.
=============================================================
D7
SF1: Ishpeming (11-0) 80.000 vs. Saginaw Michigan Lutheran Seminary (11-1) 75.556 - S 2:00 PM at Marquette Superior Dome
SF2: Pewamo-Westphalia (10-2) 61.111 vs. Detroit Loyola (12-0) 99.000 - S 1:00 PM at Jackson Withington Stadium

Ishpeming 22 Saginaw Michigan Lutheran Seminary 18 Final.
Detroit Loyola 41, Pewamo-Westphalia 21 Final
D8
SF1: Munising (11-1) 58.333 vs. Beal City (10-2) 68.431 - F 7:00 PM at Marquette Superior Dome
SF2: Muskegon Catholic Central (12-0) 99.556 vs. Harbor Beach (12-0) 80.000 - S 1:00 PM at Alma College

Munising 10 Beal City 7 Final..
Muskegon Catholic Central 42, Harbor Beach 6 Final.
=================================================================================
8 man championship.
Cedarville (11-1) 53.333 vs. Lawrence (12-0) 57.000 - F 7:00PM at Greenville

Lawrence 56 Cedarville 12 Final..

Last edited:
Breakdown from final 32 teams plus 2 teams from eight man football is

11 private and 23 public schools left.. (I think) Traditional powers are rising to the top from both the public and private schools..
=======================================================

My predictions.. I will do greater rundowns on final two teams next week

D1
In division one this is EK first trip to the semifinals since 2002 when they lost in the title game to Detroit Catholic Central. EK plays defending D1 champs Clarkston who are a traditional tough in D1...
Saline keeps making school history.. Winning its first regional ..Great for them.. Up next is Detroit Cass Tech which won 2 titles in a row and two yes ago and lost in semifinals last year..

I think it will be Clarkston and Cass tech. But Both EK and Saline are great story's.
========================================================
D2
Muskegon Mona Shores Verses FHH.. Wow great game... Shores makes school history with each playoff win this year..
They get D2 power Farmington Hills Harrison who last won in 2010 but traditional make deep runs in the playoffs..
SouthField and Warren DeLaSalle .. Southfield makes the playoffs a lot and in 2008 they were in this same spot... Yup they
lost to a team called DeLaSalle. Warren is a great up and down high school powerhouse.. Always in the playoffs for the most part... Two Title game loses the last 10 years..

I think the title game is shores verses Farmington Hills Harrison. Slight edge to FHH but Shores I think
keeps rolling to face Warren DeLaSalle..
=================================================================================
D3

Muskegon verses Zeeland West.. damn what a game.. Both teams Muskegon was in D1 in the early 2000's.. Then a D2 power for the next decade plus..Multiple Title games 3-2 in five title games. Now they are in D3. Zeeland west started in D4 when the Zeeland school's split and won a d4 title in 2005.. Then moved up to d3 and have won titles in 2011, and last year..
Damn tough choices..
Orchard Lake St Mary's and New Boston Huron.. St Mary's as you know is a tradition powerhouse. Since 1999 St Mary's is 3-6 in title games from d4 to d2... I think the title games were in d3 and d4.. But they have played playoffs in d2.
New Boston Huron is 150-393-8 all-time..They are setting school records all season with each win.. Nice underdog story that ends next week.

Again I feel the title game is Muskegon verses Zeeland West.. My heart roots for Zeeland west as they are in Byron Centers conference.. But in this case I go with the bigger school.. Muskegon just fell into D3 and ZW almost fell into D4.. 1157 to 850 in size. damn what a game..ZW does always play up real well..
================================================================================
D4
Grand Rapids South Christian verses Edwardsburg. powerhouse South Christian is back making a deep drive in the playoffs again. 1-1 in the last two d4 title games.. The Eddies are back in the semifinals for only their second time in school history they lost the other time.. SC has a really good Qb also. Edge to SC.

Two playoff powerhouses on the other side of the bracket in Lansing Sexton and Detroit Country Day. Country Day is
1-3 in state title games since 1999.. winning one in D5 in 1999 and losing the other three in d4... Plus other title games before
1999.. Sexton has been in the playoffs a ton but have never made it past the semifinals..
Tough for me to go against Country Day but I hope sexton makes it..
SC and Sexton in the Finals..
D5
Menominee verses Grand Rapids West Catholic ..
These are two titans of D5.. West Catholic is 2-1 in D5 title games since 2010 and have knocked Menominee out of the state playoffs the last 4 years including last years title game .. Menominee lost last years title game but won the title in 2006 and 2007 and also in 1998... WC has to travel again up to the UP.. Can Menominee get over the hump.. I just don't think so. This is a really good and deep WC team.. I am rooting for the single wing as I like to watch them play..

Lansing Catholic verses. Almont on the other side of the bracket.. LCC lost to Flint Powers in the 2011 title game their deepest run. This team has been on a decent run the last few years.. This is Almont's second semi-final in since 2011 which is their deepest run...
Tough choices.. I think it will be WC and LCC... I am hoping for the other two teams..
D 6
Boyne city verses Ithaca.
Grand Rapids NorthPointe Christian vs. Monroe St Mary Catholic Central

Boyne City's first semifinal since 2001.. They have never made the finals. Ithaca is a powerhouse and has won 4 state titles in a row.
North point won its first playoff game this year and now are one win away from the title game.. Monroe St Mary has bee to 3 titles games the last 7ish year and have lost them all including one to Ithaca..

Ithaca and St Catholic win in blowouts.. Ithaca jeeps rolling to title number 5 in row.
D7
Ishpeming Verses Saginaw Michigan Lutheran Seminary
Power house Ishpeming is going for three titles in a row...They also lost a title game in 2010... Both title wins were verses Detroit Loyola on the other side of the bracket.. Saginaw won a title game way back in 1986 they are a good playoff school. This is the longest playoff run since then
Pewamo-Westphalia vs. Detroit Loyola Both teams have lost title games in the last few years... Last two for DL and in 2011 for PW. Both are real good... I lean toward DL but I picked them in the their first title loss to Ishpeming to win by 50 so lol.
I think its a three peat for the hematite's from the UP verses Loyola again .
D8
Muskegon catholic Central will beat Harbor Beach by 25+
then win another title verses either Munising or Beal City by 25+.
================================================================================

8 man Championship
Cedarville (11-1) vs. Lawrence 12-0.
Lawrence by 21..

Last edited:
I see the MHSSA once again fucked over all the west michigan teams. Why is it that everytime a west side school plays an east side school in the semi's the game is always on the east side? The Mona Shores vs Harrison game is a joke. Shores was the higher rated team(by far) and has to travel almost 2 1/2 hours compared to a half hour trip for Harrison to Howell HS.

The D5 semi is BS too. West Catholic is closer to Lansing than Almont and gets shipped up to the UP to play at the Superior Dome?

They know that the west side has always traveled well and I think they abuse it. imo

I see rice lost to De la salle (or de la faggot as we used to call them).

I looked it up on the free site. sounds like a crazy game. ended a hell of a winning streak

Muskegon Verses Zeeland West game was moved from Rockford to Greenville Because of snow..

Rockford does not have the manpower or equipment to move the snow, I guess Greenville does..

Third string QB for Shores throws a 80 yard TD pass to shock Harrison.. Gave Shores is first lead of the day with under 5 to play... To be fair Harrison QB tore his acl three weeks ago and was in the game late..

Ithaca wins 20-16 over Boyne City.... BC had it first and goal at the 7 with a 1:30 left and Ithaca held...
Ithaca was down 14-0 in this game..

Last edited:
Seems they've been doing that a lot lately. They sure know how to finish games.

Boyne City looked like the better team.

recap
http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/n...69-games-heading-into-division-6-state-final/

BC was up 14-0 and only scored a safety the rest of the way...
I think with 7 minutes left Madison up 27-19 felt that last week until Ithaca scored 22 on them.. The team sure does know how to win.. to be fair BC did complete a 4th down on their last drive... But first and goal at the 7 yard line ..It was there for BC to take..

Also
The rest was up to the defense, which only allowed one first down in the second half until the final drive. Boyne City took over on its own 22-yard line with 3:12 remaining and marched downfield, with Mac Alexander’s 29-yard run giving the 12-1 Ramblers the ball on the Ithaca 8-yard line with 1:02 remaining

Last edited:
Back