Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

For the Faithful

byco42

A thread to discuss God for people who believe in Him. Takers?

I noticed no one has responded so far. I think people are just confused; which God are you referring to?

Zeus? The God of the Judeo-Christian-Islamic holy books? George Burns? Ahura Mazda? Shiva? The Great Spirit? Eric Clapton?

The one and true God. The God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob and Moses. That one.

I noticed no one has responded so far. I think people are just confused; which God are you referring to?

Zeus? The God of the Judeo-Christian-Islamic holy books? George Burns? Ahura Mazda? Shiva? The Great Spirit? Eric Clapton?

Is this like saying "Lloyd Carr's University of Michigan"?

Maybe I am asking too much of some people.

Maybe I am asking too much of some people.

I don't think it's too much, just not specific enough to provoke discussion. Or not provoking enough to get a discussion going. That's not quite right either. But it needs something...

Pretty much everything has to be informative (new), contentious, or funny to get much of a reaction. I don't know that I have any thought provoking thoughts on God, but if someone does, I might have a reaction.

Is this like saying "Lloyd Carr's University of Michigan"?
what? No, there's only one UM, but pretty much every religion and their brother has a god. Sometimes more than one. Except for the Buddhists and Taoists, I think.

what? No, there's only one UM, but pretty much every religion and their brother has a god. Sometimes more than one. Except for the Buddhists and Taoists, I think.

Then what did Braylon mean? Lloyd Carr's Michigan...as opposed to what? Could it be that different factions that claim their Michigan is the true Michigan are all talking about the same Michigan? And their ideas about Michigan are just right and wrong to varying degrees?

I am a devout believer Byco - we pretty much see eye-to-eye on many things. Were you raised Catholic?

I am a devout believer Byco - we pretty much see eye-to-eye on many things. Were you raised Catholic?

Thank God for you KAWDUP.

Now we're just waiting for zyxt, tsmith and GBinATL to climb on board.

It is going to get kind of amusing when the rest of you start referring to zyxt's ancestors as "Christ Killers."

Just imagine when some ISIS cocksucker comes on here to recruit worshipers of the God of Abram, Isaac, Jacob and Moses to dress Americans up in orange jump suits, and cut their heads off while some other motherfucker videographs it and says..."Hey, wait...my God is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses too..."

I didn't want to pile on to these garden variety religion hating atheists until another believer came on board...because it would have been just toooooo fuckin' easy...but I have been SOOOOOO chomping at the bit...

And Monster...where the fuck have you been, you have SOOOOO missed a slam dunk....

Flip%20Wilson%20-%20The%20Devil%20Made%20Me%20Buy%20This%20Dress-1.jpg

zyxt's ancestors didn't kill Jesus. he converted, remember?

he converted to help his career in show business.

I was, but somewhat casually in childhood. Now I cannot get enough of what the Catholic faith has to offer.

zyxt's ancestors didn't kill Jesus. he converted, remember?

he converted to help his career in show business.

"In this chapel are ancestors: you cannot deny that. With the estate, I bought the chapel and its contents. I don't know whose ancestors they were, but I know whose ancestors they are, and I shudder to think that their descendant by purchase (if I may so describe myself) should have brought disgrace upon what, I have no doubt, was an unstained escutcheon."

Well, what is this thread about then?

Is it about Catholicism, or is about the one true God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob and Moses?

Because I have a really fun story from yesterday about the faithful of that one true God having a discussion with others of that one true God of Abraham and all the rest of them..

Out there, yonder, in Israel...there was these two dudes that was the faithful of that one true God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob and Moses...and they had a discussion with four other guys, who were also the faithful of God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob and Moses...

...and what happened with all of those faithful resulting the discussion?

Nobody has to take my word for it; anybody can look it up on the internet...

The two dudes cut the four other dudes' fuckin' heads off...that's what happened as a result of that discussion of those faithful...

Last edited:
I was, but somewhat casually in childhood. Now I cannot get enough of what the Catholic faith has to offer.

I was raised on the Baltimore Catechism - so I can recite the 7 deadly sins, the 15 mysteries of the rosary, but I have found that, while knowledge is important in any religion to answer guys like the druid Tinsel, but faith in God and the resurrection of Christ, is so much more important.

I was raised on the Baltimore Catechism - so I can recite the 7 deadly sins, the 15 mysteries of the rosary, but I have found that, while knowledge is important in any religion to answer guys like the druid Tinsel, but faith in God and the resurrection of Christ, is so much more important.

I am not a druid; I am a pagan.

Thank you very much.

Back